Dirk Kuyt missed 1-0

Marouane Fellaini scored 2-0

Yossi Benayoun scored 2-1

Steven Pienaar missed 2-1

Emiliano Insua scored 2-2

Tony Hibbert scored 3-2

Ryan Babel missed 3-2

:mad:

#1 Liverpool do not, under any circumstances, lose at penalties.

#2 Dirk Kuyt does not, under any circumstance, miss from the penalty spot.

#3 Tony Hibbert?! That just rubbed salt into the wound.

There should really be some hidden attribute which makes Liverpool immortal when it comes to shootouts.

Sure, it's only the Carling Cup, but i'm still frustrated. We almost got through the tie against a full strength Everton side at Goodison Park by using a second/third team for the majority of the game. We so nearly got away with resting the first team for our Premier League match against Man United... only for us to crumble at pens, our players resembling the bottler mentality of Tottenham freaking Hotspur. I'm not a happy manager.

Now i'll have to trot out some guff to the media about avoiding "fixture congestion" and taking out the "positives".

Liverpool can lose on penalties and making Liverpool unbeatable on penalties isn't fair as other people playing against them may as well give up when it comes to penalties, I beat them in the Champions League final on pens with Man U, it was funny when Torres hit it straight down the middle to my keeper

:rolleyes:

Do me a favour you fools! It was tongue in cheek. I'm obviously not really asking for them to be made unbeatable at penalties.

That said, it is fair to say that Liverpool are the club version of Germany when it comes to penalties - something most of you are obviously not aware of, hence the title going way over all your heads. Something like 9 wins from the last 10 shootouts. Although i know it would be near impossible to replicate that in the game.

:rolleyes:

Do me a favour you fools! It was tongue in cheek. I'm obviously not really asking for them to be made unbeatable at penalties.

That said, it is fair to say that Liverpool are the club version of Germany when it comes to penalties - something most of you are obviously not aware of, hence the title going way over all your heads. Something like 9 wins from the last 10 shootouts. Although i know it would be near impossible to replicate that in the game.

Truth be told, I re-read your original post after reading this comment and could not discern that you were being sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek. With respect, your angry face, many exclamation points, use of the color red to emphasize negative in the shootout and even the use of italics for the word "IS" in the portion I quoted above would not suggest an attempt at humor. Perhaps a winky would have been better...;)

hmm it's sarcastic but it doesn't look like it...wait wha?

If you're suggesting that it was great sarcasm because it looked like a rant, we actually refer to that as deadpanning. Please read again as you will see that I am only offering constructive criticism...

Truth be told, I re-read your original post after reading this comment and could not discern that you were being sarcastic or tongue-in-cheek. With respect, your angry face, many exclamation points, use of the color red to emphasize negative in the shootout and even the use of italics for the word "IS" in the portion I quoted above would not suggest an attempt at humor. Perhaps a winky would have been better...;)

His several suggestions that a team is dead-on-perfect, plus a request for FM to reflect this flawless perfection... didn't raise any flags that maybe he's just messing around...?

:(

The only moot point about this thread , was that I read it to the very last post and I was in considerable pain, holding in what seems to be a rather large number two. (Damn you obsessive compulsive disorder)

How colourful. :D

Archived