"A lot worse than signing ......"

bcm

Actually, from what I realized it is better than average.

Decent player means equal to 1.5 stars in the ass man report of your team, I believe. Useful player means 2 stars. Fairly good means 2.5, good means 3 stars. I believe when an ass man tells you this (or a scout), it is equal to 3.5 stars when compared to your talent - not quality (4 stars), not a highest calibre (4.5) or fantastic (5).

I would consider an average signing a 3 stars to be a starter and a 2.5 stars to be a backup.

i usually ignore what they say tbh and make my own judgement.

This.

I bought Guilermo Ochoa (SP?) the Mexican GK that lots of people think quite highly of to replace Allan McGregor (he wanted a new challenge and went to Fullham). He is rated twice the ability of McGregor by one of my scouts and the the Ass man says i could do a lot worse aven though he rates him 4 1/2 stars.

Also when i signed him the media and fans think i payed over the odds for him. i am at the start of season 3 and i payed 4.5 mill up fornt with another 2.5 over 48 months. thats a pretty good price for the best keeper in the league i thought.

Decent player means equal to 1.5 stars in the ass man report of your team, I believe. Useful player means 2 stars. Fairly good means 2.5, good means 3 stars. I believe when an ass man tells you this (or a scout), it is equal to 3.5 stars when compared to your talent - not quality (4 stars), not a highest calibre (4.5) or fantastic (5).

I would consider an average signing a 3 stars to be a starter and a 2.5 stars to be a backup.

"Highest Calibre" below "Fantastic", eh? Doesn't make sense but I'll take your word for it.

Hey Burscoughnian,

I am not an English-native speaker, so you probably have a point. These 'categories' were ones where it would be possible for me to have mixed up...

Having said that, personally I´d refer to a beautiful woman as a beauty of the highest calibre in an admiring manner. If Megan Fox would show up at my doorstep (luckily my wife doesn´t play FM ;-)), than I´d probably swallow my breath and then mumble "fantastic...".

Hey Burscoughnian,

I am not an English-native speaker, so you probably have a point. These 'categories' were ones where it would be possible for me to have mixed up...

Having said that, personally I´d refer to a beautiful woman as a beauty of the highest calibre in an admiring manner. If Megan Fox would show up at my doorstep (luckily my wife doesn´t play FM ;-)), than I´d probably swallow my breath and then mumble "fantastic...".

And then take her to the highest calibre ;)

If this is what the assman says, then in most cases my scouts rate those players at 2.5 stars which means I don't sign them as they are not better than what I have.

Archived