How many Tactics do you use?

Ok, this may be moved over to the tactics forum but I'm curious as to how may tactics people deploy in their matches.

Since I have one tactic which I stand by religiously, and has bought me great success (from BSS to ELP and FA Cup double in twleve seasons). Only making very minor tweaks as I've risen up the divisions and to accomodate better/different players (mostly adjusting creative freedom or asking my right footed AML to cut inside as I would ask my left footer to hug the touchline).

I dont set a generic tactic for my team, but set each players tactic individually, using sliders (wasn't too impressed with the tactics creator).

I dont have any 'backup' tactics to deploy in reaction to in game situations as I'm confident my team will always grab a goal from somewhere when needed, nor do I want to interrupt the flow of my team by changing to tactics they are not used too.

Are backup tactics useful? As I'm starting to think I should have a couple other tactics to help my team progress further.

Any input is most welcome :)

I operate a 3 (central defence), 2 (central midfield) 2 (attacking wingers) 3 (central striker) formation.

And don't change it even when only 1-0 up with 10 mins to play, as prev experience on FM2010 has shown that you will nearly always get screwed if you change your formation. (Unlike CM4 where you could happily go 5, 4, 1 and hold on to your lead all day long)

I have 2 tactics, 1 home and 1 away. I used to have an extremely defensive 4-6-0 tactic which i employed for the last 15 mins in tight games and an extremely offensive 4-2-4 in previous FM's but i haven't been bothered to create one this time which explains why i've found it more of a struggle.

bloody hell! I bet you spend more time in the tactics screen than you do the match screen

Yep ^^

If I take an early lead I generally just let the game flow, but if I notice something in the first 15 minutes that can be corrected (say the opposition is deeper than I expected) then I'll swap to a differing tactic (one that employs more play down the flanks and slightly more long range shooting rather than through balls).

Yep ^^

If I take an early lead I generally just let the game flow, but if I notice something in the first 15 minutes that can be corrected (say the opposition is deeper than I expected) then I'll swap to a differing tactic (one that employs more play down the flanks and slightly more long range shooting rather than through balls).

Just out of curiosity, what are you carrer stats if you dont mind me asking?

Archived