So I take Brighton up the Prem

and i lose my first game at home to Liverpool to a last minute goal. The fans are disappointed with the result!!!! I draw 0-0 away to West Ham, the fans are disappointed with the result!! REALLY?

I am Brighton! Expectations do not change so drastically.

Well done mate, you a Brighton fan? Not a bad result today against Villa, i decided not to go, even though i am now living not too far away in Colchester. Anyway, back to your problem, i think this is wrong, not a bug as such, just i feel confidence is a little hard to script properly into the game, so i take little notice of confidence as i end up too frustrated.

To cut a long story short, ignore the single confidence section (matches etc) and focus on the main objectives such as the summary section, with doing well overall in the competitions and nothing will matter.

The fans pay more attention to the timing of goals than they do to the quality of the opposition or anything any sensible person would consider. By far the most ridiculous thing in the game at the moment, as there's no reasonable explanation for why it was designed this way. At least with other problems, you can sort-of see where they were coming from.

The fans pay more attention to the timing of goals than they do to the quality of the opposition or anything any sensible person would consider. By far the most ridiculous thing in the game at the moment, as there's no reasonable explanation for why it was designed this way. At least with other problems, you can sort-of see where they were coming from.

Exactly. You could be managing Arsenal and draw 1-1 with Chelsea at the bridge but the fans would be unhappy, then draw 1-1 with Burnley at the Emirates, scoring a last minute equaliser and the fans will be happy. Next week you could be playing Ilkestone in the FA Cup, only win 1-0, but because you created about 30 chances, they'd be delighted. Then, after a bout of freak injuries, you could go to Old Trafford missing most or all of your key players, get a draw, yet still have the fans disapointed with the result.

It's completley backwards. It seems that the team you are playing is only ever taken into consideration when it's your rival. For the fans confidence to be of any use, it needs to take into account the stature of the opposition, the players you had available, the players you fielded, your current form, the oppositions form and any controversial decisions that may have occured. Until that happens, this is a worthless and meaningless feature.

To cut a long story short, ignore the single confidence section (matches etc) and focus on the main objectives such as the summary section, with doing well overall in the competitions and nothing will matter.

The summary can be just as bad. F.ex, going from a happy board to an angry board on the last game of the season because you missed the cut-off point between 'league challenge' and 'euro quals'. Something like 5 points behind the leaders, regardless of your final position relative to every other team, and despite how well the entire season went.

Archived