Stupid board decisions?

Anybody else notice odd board decisions?

I was just sacked as manager of Waterford United in the irish first division.

No big deal, i half expect it at that level, but my objective was to avoid relegation and i was 4 points and 2 places above the drop zone with a game in hand, i was into the final of the Munster Senior Cup after beating the current champions of Ireland and that cup Cork City 2-0. To make matters even worse it would have been my first cup final in that LLM career and if i won then my first cup giving my rep a big boost i reckon...and it was only 2 days before the final, not even like they could get in a decent replacement in time to steady the ship.

Anyway they lost in the final to limmerick 3-0 and my rep is now regional but has anyone else experienced a decision as badly thoughtout as this one?

That does sound silly. U thought their would of waited till after the cup final.

I once got sacked after taking over at stockport in league 1. Their were relegated with 5 games to go so i thought i take over the challenge of promotion next season and after i won the last 5 games i got sacked even though the last manager sent them down!!!!!!!!

That does sound silly. U thought their would of waited till after the cup final.

I once got sacked after taking over at stockport in league 1. Their were relegated with 5 games to go so i thought i take over the challenge of promotion next season and after i won the last 5 games i got sacked even though the last manager sent them down!!!!!!!!

Are you sure you had leagues below active? It automatically sacks you if you get relegated out of a playable league.

I remember making a bid of like...$12 million or so for Altidore when he was 19. Coach refused, but board stepped in saying offer was too good. He's now a top 3 striker in the PRM.

1st season, asked the board for better youth facilities, as my training facilities were tops but my youth was only 'good.' They told me I should focus more on coaching making board requests. At that point I was like 22-4-0 in the PRM and essentially had it locked up already, along with being undefeated the entire year (if aggregates are counted instead of individual games).

I applied for the Ivory Coast coaching job after WC 2010, they rejected me. A few months later I applied for the English job, got accepted. Led them to both Confederations and Euro Cup glory, and qualified for WC 2014 by winning my group in a final thriller against Scotland. England is now ranked #1.

Archived