Does your missus moan at you...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend is actually pretty good. She plays FM on the PSP, so she understands "the addiction".

Only problem happens when her family comes round. All the portable games consoles mysteriously disappear, and the computer gets unplugged. :confused:

Mrs Crouchaldinho is pretty cool actually. She doesn't mind me playing. :)

My wife isn't that into football generally but I have managed to get her to come to a St. Albans City match with me. But as for playing FM, she's not interested unfortunately. :(

However, she does listen (or at least she pretends to listen) to me when I talk about my FM careers. :D

She knows that I research for FM and when I told her that I was a 'faceinthegame' she thought it was cool. She likes to know where I have ended up on my FM saves and how the virtual me is doing. :D

I don't think I will ever manage to get her to play the game though.

Crouchaldinho

Thats brill mate, atleast she seems a little interested ;). You live close to St Albans ground?

Not close enough. :D Why, are you a Saints fan too?

Mrs C has a 100% record watching the Saints. True, she has only been to one match, but at least she has never seen them lose or draw! I told her maybe she should retire from supporting the Saints from now on. :D

The good thing about Mrs C is that she knows all of the Saints players now off by heart. So I'll be playing FM and managing St. Albans City, and she'll glance over at my laptop and say 'oh great save by Bastock', or 'is Gary Cohen scoring any goals for you?' This despite the fact that she isn't really that interested! :D

I think I read something once that chicks actually secretly dig the fact that men love computer games, football etc...

They say it's because they love men to be passionate about things. I'm still unsure of this theory so I just play it safe and don't have a girlfriend. No moaning at me to contend with :)

I play it on the girlfriends laptop and im under strict rules

1. I can't play it when shes around

2. I can't play it when we have company

3. I can't play it when there is kids in the house because they will want to play it

So that leaves me with playing it when no one is around, so she comes home after me playing it and goes "what have you been doing all day" and i respond "Playing Football Manager" and she replies "I knew it, you and that bloody game, you have to get rid of it"

Sometimes you just can't win

I play it on the girlfriends laptop and im under strict rules

1. I can't play it when shes around

2. I can't play it when we have company

3. I can't play it when there is kids in the house because they will want to play it

So that leaves me with playing it when no one is around, so she comes home after me playing it and goes "what have you been doing all day" and i respond "Playing Football Manager" and she replies "I knew it, you and that bloody game, you have to get rid of it"

Sometimes you just can't win

Get in there first and ditch her!

Guys, I solved this problem for you in a thread last month. I used the editor to make my wife our chair(man). Now she's the boss and in control of the budget, so she can't complain. The only drawback so far is when she wouldn't allow me to strengthen the squad until we bought a new washing machine.

Not close enough. :D Why, are you a Saints fan too?

Mrs C has a 100% record watching the Saints. True, she has only been to one match, but at least she has never seen them lose or draw! I told her maybe she should retire from supporting the Saints from now on. :D

The good thing about Mrs C is that she knows all of the Saints players now off by heart. So I'll be playing FM and managing St. Albans City, and she'll glance over at my laptop and say 'oh great save by Bastock', or 'is Gary Cohen scoring any goals for you?' This despite the fact that she isn't really that interested! :D

No mate i live close to st albans. In Chesham, Buckinghamshire. ;)

Not really. I play it while she watches Coranation street, Eastenders and other such crappy shows or while watching sport in the spare room.

As mentioned by someone else she used to call it "that game" and generally thought i was pretty silly playing it. That all changed when her mother bought her that Gordon ramsay's kitchen nightmares game though, she plays that more than i play FM these days.

Both my ex and current girlfriend have bought me the past few editions of the FM series and neither moan... although have any of the rest of you noticed how they don't like being called "current girlfriend", makes them think you're looking for an upgrade ;-)

Although given how much travelling i do with my job, and the fact that when my and my girlfriend are usually out when we're together, i don't get the opportunity to play it that often anyway, so she couldn't moan even if she wanted too. lol.

Archived