Crash Dumps. I don't know why I bother, but...

...here is yet another Crash Dump, produced in exactly the same way as every other one I've had at least 10 times a week.

1. Start a match

2. During the match, go and look at a player

3. Once you've looked at the player, click 'Back' or 'Continue'...

...and there's the Crash Dump.

anothercrashdump.th.png

Despite tonnes of promises from practically everyone at SI to try and solve this problem for quite a number of users, no-one has bothered to do anything about it at all. Or, if they actually have, they haven't had the courtesy to inform anyone who has fed back about this particularly malevolent error.

I've had enough of these forums now. There is absolutely no point taking the time and effort to take screenshots, format them, add them to Imageshack, and post them with in-depth details of how the error occured and how to replicate it when no-one at SI ever actually makes good on their promise to investigate it. Same with FTP'ing saved games. Why bother? Why take the time and effort when no-one will look at it anyway?

Before anyone gets smart, I am very much aware that SI can't spend loads of time on every single individuals problems, but I've been raising this one since release, and so have many other people. If you haven't had this error, I'm really happy for you, and glad that you are getting to enjoy what is, without doubt, a great release of FM in the main. But for those who ARE getting this error, it utterly ruins the game, by shutting it down every time you try to do anything involving a player during a match.

Very, very disappointing...

I don't care much about such crash dumps... It's worse when you get a crash dump out of nothing which you can't possibly in any way at all pass, whatever you do. Making your game unplayable...

Btw, when you take screenshots, you may wanna use Alt+PrtScn, so you only screenshot the active window. As otherwise, like in that one, you'll screenshot the background too... And probably your real name on FB? :p

I don't care much about such crash dumps... It's worse when you get a crash dump out of nothing which you can't possibly in any way at all pass, whatever you do. Making your game unplayable...

Btw, when you take screenshots, you may wanna use Alt+PrtScn, so you only screenshot the active window. As otherwise, like in that one, you'll screenshot the background too... And probably your real name on FB? :p

Cheers fella, but getting a Crash Dump every other game, or being completely unable to ever look at a player's details during a match is really annoying, and it's a problem that SI have repeatedly promised to look into on behalf of myself and a number of other users, but have actually done nothing at all about.

And I couldn't really care less about the screenshot thing. My name is Tim Boddy. That's my Facebook name. I've got nothing to hide! ; )

Cheers fella, but getting a Crash Dump every other game, or being completely unable to ever look at a player's details during a match is really annoying, and it's a problem that SI have repeatedly promised to look into on behalf of myself and a number of other users, but have actually done nothing at all about.

And I couldn't really care less about the screenshot thing. My name is Tim Boddy. That's my Facebook name. I've got nothing to hide! ; )

Another one...same friendly I was trying to replay...

andyetanother.th.png

I got crash dumps today and went to my FM10 folder and there was a file called crash dumps go into and delete the content. It worked for me.

Cheers mate, but that's just a log file, as far as I am aware.

It won't stop it happening again...

Archived