CALLING SI!! What is the criteria for stadium expansion?

I've managed to take St Albans to the Premier League and am astonished that my first attempt to get my stadium expanded has been raped by the council blocking it.

Is this a random thing? If not then what set of rules need to be fulfilled?

The problem wasn't getting the board to accept it. They have since I meet those requirements.

The council have blocked it though. This has happened to me in every FM where I have took a lower tier team to the top flight. Stupidly broken feature that has never got any attention.

I guess I'll just have to chuck a few thousand seats in with FMRTE and deduct some money from my bank myself. It's pathetic to have to go to these lengths but the council is some sort of stadium hating demon.

I've managed to take St Albans to the Premier League and am astonished that my first attempt to get my stadium expanded has been raped by the council blocking it.

Is this a random thing? If not then what set of rules need to be fulfilled?

roflcopter.gif I Lol'd at your use of raped in the sentence.

The problem wasn't getting the board to accept it. They have since I meet those requirements.

The council have blocked it though. This has happened to me in every FM where I have took a lower tier team to the top flight. Stupidly broken feature that has never got any attention.

The council are blocking it because you can't expand your stadium any further. You need to build a new stadium, which requires what I listed above.

The council are blocking it because you can't expand your stadium any further. You need to build a new stadium, which requires what I listed above.

****. Really?

Well I'm filling it and have success, but getting the cash for a whole new stadium is going to be a nightmare.

The council is blocking it because there simply is no space to expand it. You can ask all you want. The board will have to decide to build a new stadium, which they will they do on rare occasion if you have the finances, success, sellouts, etc. Sometimes the board will take out a loan to pay for it, or if you are lucky a rich tycoon will take over and pay for one.

Ok guys, thanks for the responses. Weird I have never experienced a new stadium being built, it's always been rejected expansions but I guess I never have the funds. Ironically I need a bigger stadium to make more money!

Just to add, you can still expand after getting the council message sometimes, much to my annoyance actually.

On my Aldershot save, I was hoping to get a new stadium built in my name as the current had reached its expansion capacity, as indicated by the council. However, a season after getting that message, the board announced plans for a 5k expansion.

Archived