I have a few questions for someone with knowledge

I've been around the forums for a little bit and last years game was my first. I still have a LOT to learn and feel fairly overwhelmed quite often. So I have a few newbie questions(I'm still fairly new to the beautiful game itself).

Loans

It originally made sense to me not to pay for a player I was interested in taking on loan, except for paying their full wages of course. But now I have found a player (Stefan Okaka) I think would compliment my team. But Roma wants 1.7 million for a loan. That seems ridiculous to me, but on the other hand I can't buy a striker that good for the money I have available which is 3.7. There is only a week left in the transfer window so I need to figure it out pretty quickly. Do you guys pay for loans? Is it the norm and I'm just not aware?

On the other hand does anyone have a tip on a striker I could get for around 3.5 that would compliment Andy Johnson?

Game stats

When my reserves play I get the message in my inbox, but I don't see a way to get full stats for the game, in fact I don't see a way to get full stats for any past game. Is there a way?

Tactics

in last years game I remember being able to draw arrows on the tactics screen to show players playing forward or back. Whats the equivalent this year? Is it Attack, Defend, Support?

If my ass man says someone is used to playing at a higher pace.....where do I give that player those instructions?

Is there a difference between playing someone to their weaker foot over lets say playing them onto their left which is their weaker foot?

At the beginning of the season my ass man suggested I make one of my DL's the target man, this doesn't make sense to me. I figured the target man was your strongest striker am I wrong? And if he excels at heading you target him to the head etc etc. correct?

Thats it for now. Thanks.

MM

Loans: which season? cristaldo for 1m, and yes i do pay for a loan if its worth it.

Game Stats: fixtures >> click on the result, this is the same in reserves.

Tactics: arrow are the attack / defend ect yes. Player instustions, advanced, and change his sliders.

You ass manager is an idiot, ignore him. and the left footed question confuses me.

Yo.

A lot of loans are made with a fee being paid or a future-fee being agreed. However, 1.7m for Okaka, an average teenager, who doesn't even get played by Roma, is too much. There are better players you can get for that sort of fee - ask around in the Good Player forum, I actually don't know many lol.

As for match detail, in a game go to the main drop-down menu (the one with save game, load game etc.). You will see an option called "game detail". You can change the detail settings to your heart's desire.

The tactics have changed once again. Those attack, support, defend options vaguely convey the same idea and the individual (i.e. you or me) can make fine-tune changes on each player. The DL as a target man is suspect. Unless he is an accomplished ST or something, stay away from that. A target man is a forward who is strong and good in the air.

cool thanks guys.

I'll ask around for a decent striker to get on loan. I guess part of me is trying to stay true to the RL club and Okaka in RL just sealed a deal to come to Fulham. So I took a look at him and thought, yeah I like that idea. :)

The confusing left footed questions is...you have the option in opposition instructions to play onto right, left, or weaker foot. I would assume you'd always want weaker foot. Is there an advantage to choosing left over weaker if the opposition player predominantly a right footer?

I always look at a players best foot and then get the defenders to show him onto the opposite one. That way your telling them what to do rather than making them think for themselves. Most football players can't mutitask so go easy on them.

As for paying for a loan signing. There are better ones to buy for fulham but I've paid for a loan on my hibs game after selling a player but that's because I wanted him a lot.

By the way. AWESOME choice of team. Come on fulham.

I spent 1.2mil on a loan since I was desperate for a left winger for the coming season. I didn't have enough money to buy and I was also interested in testing out that player to see if I would buy him later. Best scouting is to have the player in your team for a while if you ask me.

The confusing left footed questions is...you have the option in opposition instructions to play onto right, left, or weaker foot. I would assume you'd always want weaker foot. Is there an advantage to choosing left over weaker if the opposition player predominantly a right footer?
I don't think so.

But sometimes you want to show a player onto his strongest foot.

If the oppo strikers are all midgets, I may want to make sure that the wingers can only put crosses in, rather than coming inside onto a fairly good weak foot, and slotting in a through ball.

I think that's why the "Left" and "Right" options are there.

Archived