Potential worldbeaters experience

I'm playing as HSV in Germany and I have a lot of potential worldbeaters as I always concentrate on youth. I have them in the under 19's team but usually have them on the bench as well to get them some experience.

Although my B team do not have any fixtures, players who get put in there still get a lot of games played in their match stats, for example one player I put in there has played 16 games by October, even with no games scheduled.

My question is, would this randomly created B team football be better experience for my youngsters than the under 19 league?

Hope someone can shed some light on the situation.

German reserves play in the lower German leagues - my Werder Bremen reserves are notionally in the 3rd divison - so they accumulate competitive games even when their league isn't active

BUT you want your players to play in active leagues for the best development, so U19s is better for them.

If you want to gamble on the best of both worlds, you could set them all as "available for the U23s" and see if that helps at all, but the invisible games do not seem to contribute anything.

I arrange friendlies for the U23s when I want my U19s to get a few more games under their belt.

Archived