Unbelievable case of match fixing!

I've just had 2 abysmal offside decisions against me in 1 match.

I'm Parma playing against Juventus at their home ground. This is their first goal:

50574429.png

It might be a bit hard to judge so here's the 2d view in full glory

21068893.png

90381649.png

After Alberto Paloshci pulls one back for us, the mafia are not happy! The referee then allows THIS to happen:

84698890.png

Hah, the grass strips are the opposite in 3d and 2d. I wonder if that's a bug or what.

I noticed that as well :p

Payed more attention to that, than I did the offside bit!

The most ridiculous thing is the goal(s) get credited as "perfectly legitimate", thus proving my suspect of the game not actually acknowledging a controversial goal as a wrong decision when you complain in press conferences.

Basically if you say it was the wrong decision, the games goes in denial mode, and you get screwed twice.

The most ridiculous thing is the goal(s) get credited as "perfectly legitimate", thus proving my suspect of the game not actually acknowledging a controversial goal as a wrong decision when you complain in press conferences.

Basically if you say it was the wrong decision, the games goes in denial mode, and you get screwed twice.

Thats the most frustrating part

Either a bug or the game intentionally screwing you up. Either way, there is clearly something wrong

The first one is very close and may well have been onside - the 3d view is just after the ball's been passed so it would depend if the defenders are stepping up or not. The second one is just a shocking decision.

The ban is unfortunate, but that's fairly close to real life too. I still have no idea why manager's aren't allowed to criticise the refs, but a ban is often the result even when they're correct.

The ban is unfortunate, but that's fairly close to real life too. I still have no idea why manager's aren't allowed to criticise the refs, but a ban is often the result even when they're correct.

In real life a manager could get a fine or a ban for his harsh words, no matter if he was 100% right in complaining.

The FA usually punishes the wording of the complaint, not the truth of it.

Instead in FM I get the impression the FA [the game] bans you because you complained about a right decision. Or at least that's what I get from reading the news message.

What FM is sorely missing is the media part of the whole situation. Media often dissect every single frame of a dubious episode, and more often than not the ref gets lambasted for the WRONG CALL, thus admitting the manager had all the good reasons for ranting in front of the journalists.

All of that has yet to be seen in FM.

It's almost as if by choosing to complain about a decision, you automatically trigger the "ref was right, shut up and enjoy the ban" script...

Basically, the customer is always wrong...

I've learnt not to complain anymore, because there's no way it's gonna help my cause. But what's the point in having refs making mistakes then?

About the first goal, my first impression based on watching the highlights was that it was blatantly offside.

However, before I slammed the ref I studied the highlight more closely, so after replaying it many times with different camera angles and taking various screenshots I was convinced I had a case here. Like I said it looked a bit dubious with the 3d view but the 2d view cleared everything up for me. I could upload the match if anyone could tell me a safe way to do so?

I have complained about the refs numerous times in the press conferences but I only did so when I knew I was right, and got "FA remains silent on criticism" and "seems like nothing will be done about it". IMO it doesn't have any real impact on the game but it feels great to have the game acknowledge I was right.

SAid it before and I`ll say it again. Its ridicuous that SI include this kind of thing. In a world where we are trying to make bad calls like this a thing of the past, this game does it on purpose?

Is it realistic? Well no, its really not. Every referee would make the right call were he able to do so. The AI is, so why doesn`t it?

SAid it before and I`ll say it again. Its ridicuous that SI include this kind of thing. In a world where we are trying to make bad calls like this a thing of the past, this game does it on purpose?

Is it realistic? Well no, its really not. Every referee would make the right call were he able to do so. The AI is, so why doesn`t it?

I disagree. Taking your point literally it would also be fair to suggest that every player would make the right decision all the time too (because the AI could if it wanted to). Thus, there would be no late challenges, no slips, no player would ever be offside... where do we draw the line? The bottom line is, mistakes happen in both real life and in-game. My only gripe on this situation would be the game's failure to acknowledge that a mistake was made.

if you look at the first one in 3d the screenshot is taken after the ball has been passed so it could be that the player timed his run perfectly and the defence just stood there watching it. The second though is shocking.

On the subject of having a go at refs, when you get the post match screen which tells you the MOTM etc have a look at the part where they mention the ref. If it says he had a shocking game then you can have a go and not get done for it.

About the first goal, wasnt the ball played from your own half?

Doesnt the offside rule only apply when the ball is played in the opposition half? Or am i making this up? lol

Not true.

It's not offside if both the player passing the ball and the attacker (receiver) are in their own half (as we see occasionally in the dying minutes of a match, counter-attacking from a corner etc).

I'm sorry but that first goal is onside. When the ball is played the number 18 is on the shoulder of the number 3. There has to be a clear gap between the players for it to be offside and there is no clear gap for this goal, he is level when the ball is played.

why do we all continue to complain about offsides whilst playing, we all no it can only end in a touchline ban. im no better as im writing this whilst my assisstant takes control of the league cup final,lol. i would have exploded if those decisions were given against me.

OP, now you know how it feels to play against Juventus in Turin in real life!

I actually like this aspect of the game, except that the media should be able to recognize the wrong call. Therefore this comment of "replays have shown the decision was correct" or whatever, is B.S. Something S.I. need to address.

I disagree. Taking your point literally it would also be fair to suggest that every player would make the right decision all the time too (because the AI could if it wanted to). Thus, there would be no late challenges, no slips, no player would ever be offside... where do we draw the line? The bottom line is, mistakes happen in both real life and in-game. My only gripe on this situation would be the game's failure to acknowledge that a mistake was made.

Not really. No player misses a pass, knowing he will miss the pass.

The point is that the AI does NOT make a mistake. It CHOOSES to make the wrong call.

According to the change to the offside law that was introduced a couple of years ago, there has to be 'air' between the striker and defender. And I'm not sure if there is 'air' between them on the 2D pitch. But as SI have said in the past the 2D and 3D pitches are only graphical interpretations of the ME... so what you see might not be exactly what the ME is trying to portay, if that makes sense lol.

But the 2nd one there is no doubt it was offside.

Plus do you think that this thread would have been created if it was the other way round? And the OP benefited from two dodgy decisions?

I think we all can live with the AI sometimes making the wrong call "on purpose" [as the AI is not human, a certain degree of fallibility has to be manually implemented, so the AI do make mistakes according to a predetermined call].

What some are complaining about, and rightfully so IMO, is that the referee makes some appalling calls BUT the game [ie the media] refuse to acknowledge that, while in real life we would have had dozens of articles and reports about "___ being robbed", "the ref helping ____" etc...

Hell, "persistent wrongful refereeing against a club" was discussed as recently as last week in the Italian Parliament [how sad is that?!], the whole Match Fixing Scandal in Italy broke out because some judge decided to look seriously into the endless rumours about Juventus getting "favours" by the referees...

In a way, the biggest scandal in European Football in recent times was largely based on pub chatters and conspiracy theories which, for a change, ended up being true(ish).

Instead FM sticks to the mafia golden rule "that never happened, and if you saw it happen, clearly you saw it wrong"...

According to the change to the offside law that was introduced a couple of years ago, there has to be 'air' between the striker and defender. And I'm not sure if there is 'air' between them on the 2D pitch. But as SI have said in the past the 2D and 3D pitches are only graphical interpretations of the ME... so what you see might not be exactly what the ME is trying to portay, if that makes sense lol.

But the 2nd one there is no doubt it was offside.

Plus do you think that this thread would have been created if it was the other way round? And the OP benefited from two dodgy decisions?

Wasn't this law clarified/changed to state (paraphrasing) that if any part of a player which can score a goal (ie. anywhere but an arm) is offside, then they player is considered offside. I am certain the "air" or "daylight" rule was removed.

Not really. No player misses a pass, knowing he will miss the pass.

The point is that the AI does NOT make a mistake. It CHOOSES to make the wrong call.

Oh come on. This is a dreadful point.

Surely you realize it's the fictional match-officials which make the wrong call, just as the fictional players make bad passes.

The stated goal of CM/FM for nearly 2 decades now is realism. Wrong calls by officials are real. Well done, SI.

Doesnt this come down to the old comment of soemthing like "the 2d and 3d views a graphical representations of the ME and not always a absolutely correct reflection of the ME"

Obviously, this doesnt help when contesting decisions, but it goes some way to explaining why the media and the FA think you are wrong.

Archived