Financial Advice

HI

Basically I didnt know which section to post this in.

Il set the scene

I always start my games unemployed on a large database with around 5 - 8 countries.

therefore I usually end up managing smaller clubs, currently farnborough in the BSP,

Every season I have beaten the targets set and what was forecasted by the media, fans and chairman both very happy but I always struggle financially, Basically I have never exceeded the wage budget set and have never paid for a player, or even paid to release a player.

Yet my team still always makes a loss every month barring pre season and that Is only because I arrange friendlies with the biggest teams I can.

Is there anything I can do as manager to increase revenue without selling my players?

I have had this problem with nearly every club I have had so far on FM10.

I tend to find in the lower leagues, all you can do is monitor your wage budget. You will still probably make a loss, the only way to keep maintaining profit is probably to be a selling club. Obviously, the risk there is that you don't improve.

This may sound an obvious answer, but success is what you need. Earn promotion, get a decent cup run or two and your books should balance. Transfer market can be crucial as well, scouring for decent young players on free transfers who you may be able to sell on for a profit.

What I dont understand is I started off as kettering with 0.5 million in the bank and in the BSP. Like the guy who made the thread I never bought anyone or spent much on wages yet was losing 250k a year despite 2 promotions and selling players. I used all the tricks like making lots of friendlys against big clubs too.

How on earth do the other clubs survive without promotions and selling players.

There must be something slightly off with the Financial side of things in this game or every team in the lower leauges would be in liquidation if it was real life.

The only way you can survive is to keep selling all your players and get to the championship as quick as possible or you will go into administration.

There must be something slightly off with the Financial side of things in this game or every team in the lower leauges would be in liquidation if it was real life.

You obviously haven't heard how these clubs do financially in real life. A lot of them lose money every month.

Bestie.

You obviously haven't heard how these clubs do financially in real life. A lot of them lose money every month.

Bestie.

On Crawley Town FC it says they lose roughly 400k a year due to debt from previous owners and lack of fan support. (100K people roughly 800 a game)

i did everything that people have said when i was in the BSP. arranged big friendlies, kept within the wage budget, etc, etc. somehow i did make a profit.

only thing i can think of is i had no debts to pay off so my costs were low.

As has been pointed out, this is a very realistic recreation of lower league football. Many small clubs are in dire financial straits. Right now 3 BSS/BSN clubs are being threatened with demotion for financial issues and that doesn't include Chester on the brink.

My semi-pro club has just had the huge fortune to be drawn away to a big club in the cup - got well stuffed but the half-million will see us comfortable for 2 or 3 seasons. That's the literal luck of the draw that makes the difference.

By the way, SI say they've reduced the exploit that minor clubs can get big money-spinning friendlies with big clubs. I haven't tried it because I prefer realism and leave friendlies to what my assman can rustle up.

Archived