Team talks

Be they pre match or half time. Especially half time. i would like to get my boys in, 2-0 to the good and give them advice such as " doing well lads, lets keep it tight for the next 20 mins and see where we're at"

or " listen lads, we are gonna get beat here, unless...blah, blah...

i know that this sounds cliched, but i train them every day. I try to prepare them physically and mentally for every match.. i am the manager and i have a believe in what i am doing. They see/hear me every day. They know me and i know them.

Would just appreciate that randomness taken out. such as team is 2-0 up at HT, and easy on. and then you issue forth the immortal "don't get complacent etc and lose 3-2.

Ok, if u try to hang in there, and still they score then tactics are an issue, player ability is an issue.. but at least you tried and it wasn't down to the wrong answer given to a loaded question given by a reporter (who loathes you) .

Yes, terrible part of the game and I hope SI really diminish the effects of this.

Try reading some guides on team talks.

Basically what I have read...

Never do team talks based on their average rating, but base it on their motivation.

1. If they are playing "okay" put "I have faith".

2. If they are complacent say "dont be complacent" or "dissapointed"

3. If they are playing well, DONT say anything EVER.

After the game, try to be positive as it keep morale up.

That is all.

Yes, terrible part of the game and I hope SI really diminish the effects of this.

Try reading some guides on team talks.

Basically what I have read...

Never do team talks based on their average rating, but base it on their motivation.

1. If they are playing "okay" put "I have faith".

2. If they are complacent say "dont be complacent" or "dissapointed"

After the game, try to be positive as it keep morale up.

That is all.

This, basically.

I read this thread about Team Talks last night and found it a good read, some useful information included and it actually works.

You need to read SFraser's analysis - he's cracked how to motivate players.

Hm, interesting.

I haven't tried this in the game yet but what Mr Fraser seems to be saying is that morale matters between matches and motivation during.

Both can be too high, too low or just right. Too high is as bad as too low.

Morale mutates into motivation during the pre-match talk and back again after full time. Half time is your last chance to get the balance right because when your players get tired, motivation stops them from being stupid.

This gives me some ideas. I'll try them out on my under-performing team this evening.

Well, I know that a lot of people here are upset because players tend to get complacent when you say "pleased" to them while leading 2-0 in HT. But I've had different experiences.

My players seem to expect me to be pleased. Especially the ones with rating over 7.0 at HT. If I say nothing to them, my assman feedback states that they're "angered/confused" because of my none-team talk.

I've also had some good experiences, when saying "pleased" during HT lead gives some players morale boost and inspiration to pull of extremely good performance in 2nd half.

But I do agree that when team motivation sheet says that player is "complacent" at HT, you should avoid "pleased" and go for "none" or "disappointing" instead (depending on his rating at HT).

Its getting to the point where I'd rather be 1 down than 2 up at half time because the "I want to see more form you" teamtalk is more powerful than a 2-0 up "pleased" or non teamtalk options.

If I draw another 4-4 after being 3-0 up at half time I'm going to throw my monitor out the window.

Archived