on the demo what does run from deep mean?

Yes, it's the same thing just rephrased for clarity.

ok well than explain this too me, what if a player is lets say a forward how can you run from deep when he's not deep? forwards are obvioulsy the least deep players on the team, it doesnt make sense how they could run from deep.

do the players actually run back to there own goal so they can make a run from deep? :confused:

ok well than explain this too me, what if a player is lets say a forward how can you run from deep when he's not deep? forwards are obvioulsy the least deep players on the team, it doesnt make sense how they could run from deep.

do the players actually run back to there own goal so they can make a run from deep? :confused:

Well when the opposition has the ball the strikers will generally drop deeper towards the halfway line so that when there team gets the ball they are in a decent enpough position to recieve it. Thus the striker will then make a run from deep.

Well when the opposition has the ball the strikers will generally drop deeper towards the halfway line so that when there team gets the ball they are in a decent enpough position to recieve it. Thus the striker will then make a run from deep.

except when there mentality is turned all the way up to attacking than they stay up top, like if there a poacher, so that what?

except when there mentality is turned all the way up to attacking than they stay up top, like if there a poacher, so that what?
The striker will also try to make sure he stays somewhat onside. Even if you put his mentality all the way up, doesn't mean he will stand in the box the whole match.

As said by swed151 above the striker will stay onside and generally in line with the last defender if he is a poacher and thus will still be making runs from deep. You could put his mentality up to max but he is not going to stand in the box all day and be called offside constantly is he.

As said by swed151 above the striker will stay onside and generally in line with the last defender if he is a poacher and thus will still be making runs from deep. You could put his mentality up to max but he is not going to stand in the box all day and be called offside constantly is he.

ok i think i get it than, running from deep really means run to the box? or if its a winger run to the edge off the box. how is this diffrent than mentality though? if attacking is turned up enough arent you going to be running forward on the attack anyways?

Archived