3D on my laptop

One of the things which has put me off playing FM at this moment in time is the 3D. Yes I think it is very good - the graphics and match engine is a lot better than last year and the fans and stadiums were also very good additions. But on my laptop my 3D lags/gets stuck. This isn't just an occasional thing and it happens all the time. The things that confuses me though is that FM runs smoothly and fast on my laptop. It's only the 3D that doesn't.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or could just give me a reason for this problem happening.

BTW my graphics driver is the Intel 945GM Express Chipset.

:thup:

I had that graphics card in my old laptop. It's awful for pretty much anything 3D. Didn't help that with mine, the BIOS on my laptop was all wrong, and it meant that my laptop overheated and the heatsink on the graphics card fell off. Meaning that whenever I tried to do anything remotely graphics heavy, it'd overheat and stop functioning after about 5 mins.

Also, google CRYI. It's a site called can you run it, and it'll tell you whether your system is capable of running any of a wide selection of games, FM 2010 amongst them.

Archived