Conclussion

My conclussion is depending on what game you buy u will counter different problems MY GAME has a massive "super goal keeping" flaw its riddiculous i try other peoples tactics so i now know its not me no matter what tactic i use i get keepers who make incredible saves now when i say incredible i mean the likes of green, james, friedle etc playing like schmeichel, reina, cech, buffon all rolled in2 one its so strange to see even in friendlies agangst the likes of kilmarnock, dulwich hamlet etc "super keepers" its amazingly frustrating to have 18 shots and the keeper save em all the makers have alot of explaining to do coz im extremely close to throwing this game in the bin coz there is no way around it

It's a well-documented problem with the ME whereby too many of a particular type of clear-cut chance is being created. That particular type of chance is often saved by the keeper, and rarely scored. It gives an incorrect perception of "superkeepers" because the chance should not be created and therefore should not be scored. If strikers scored the correct ratio of these chances then each game would end 7-6 or 10-8, which is even more ridiculous.

The type of chance is when the striker is one-v-one with keeper whilst under pressure (from the chasing defender, or through being too close to the keeper, or having to shoot whilst running at speed, etc). The actual NUMBER of goals being scored is about right, but the ratio is off. Best way I can think of to demonstrate it is as follows:

Possible "real life" scenario:

David Villa: clear cut chances per season = 50; goals scored = 30.

Possible FM scenario:

David Villa: clear cut chances per season = 832; goals scored = 30.

In all other scenarios, the goalkeepers are not "super" in any way. If this they are in your case, it's your tactics.

I have learned to spot this type of chance as it is created and now know with 90% accuracy that it will be saved. If it is not saved, it's a bonus. So I don't stress about them any more.

Hope this helps.

I have been playing for 11 seasons and can honestly say I have not seen a single superkeeper. In fact I would say its far 2 easy for teams to score.

Maybe they are all in the premier leauge but I've played a few in the cup and they never had any either.

It must be tactics creating too many easy to save chances.

I have been playing for 11 seasons and can honestly say I have not seen a single superkeeper. In fact I would say its far 2 easy for teams to score.

Maybe they are all in the premier leauge but I've played a few in the cup and they never had any either.

It must be tactics creating too many easy to save chances.

thing is ive tried using other peoples tactics who are having joy just seems my comp game has these great keepers

thing is ive tried using other peoples tactics who are having joy just seems my comp game has these great keepers

Other peoples' tactics won't work for your team, as those tactics are attuned to the team they are made for, and you have different players, and therefore a different way of playing.

It's a well-documented problem with the ME whereby too many of a particular type of clear-cut chance is being created. That particular type of chance is often saved by the keeper, and rarely scored. It gives an incorrect perception of "superkeepers" because the chance should not be created and therefore should not be scored. If strikers scored the correct ratio of these chances then each game would end 7-6 or 10-8, which is even more ridiculous.

The type of chance is when the striker is one-v-one with keeper whilst under pressure (from the chasing defender, or through being too close to the keeper, or having to shoot whilst running at speed, etc). The actual NUMBER of goals being scored is about right, but the ratio is off. Best way I can think of to demonstrate it is as follows:

Possible "real life" scenario:

David Villa: clear cut chances per season = 50; goals scored = 30.

Possible FM scenario:

David Villa: clear cut chances per season = 832; goals scored = 30.

In all other scenarios, the goalkeepers are not "super" in any way. If this they are in your case, it's your tactics.

I have learned to spot this type of chance as it is created and now know with 90% accuracy that it will be saved. If it is not saved, it's a bonus. So I don't stress about them any more.

Hope this helps.

Absolutely spot on.

Yeah, they pressed some different versions of the game. Some people have super keepers, some have super comebacks, some have super injuries. It's the big masterplan to annoy all buyers so they'll all be out of jobs. Well done modest1, you've figured them out.

Some people...

Yeah, they pressed some different versions of the game. Some people have super keepers, some have super comebacks, some have super injuries. It's the big masterplan to annoy all buyers so they'll all be out of jobs. Well done modest1, you've figured them out.

Some people...

I know ur being sarcastic but i actually believe that wanna swap games?

Instead of throwing it away , i suggest you give it away to poor people's who can't buy FM.

Maybe I'm asking too much from you (as you are some rare breed of human who can't control their anger when they lose a game against lower team in FM)

* I'm also having some or little trouble with the so called "superkeepers" in FM10. I didn't throw it away like you're planning to do now, instead take a break from playing FM, it could be a second or a minute or 1 hour or 1 day or 1 week or a whole month or the best of the best wait for a year an buy FM11 when it came out.

But as I'm talking to a super rare breed human now, you can throw away your FM and go play CM.Maybe Messi can score 50 goals in 15 matches for you.

I would suggest researching a tactic yourself that you would like to employ. When that is done, try this:

1. Set your tactical approach to model what you want. (This will take LOTS of tinkering)

2. Find out what size, style and type of players fit your system and sign ONLY those players.

3. Change your training to suit YOUR style and needs.

When you have tried all of these, with appropriate adjustments, I believe you will find success. Not trying this is your choice, but I believe your results will be hit-and-miss. Ask most successful players on FM and I believe you will find they implement an overall approach to the game that encompasses the things listed above. Good luck.

Instead of throwing it away , i suggest you give it away to poor people's who can't buy FM.

Maybe I'm asking too much from you (as you are some rare breed of human who can't control their anger when they lose a game against lower team in FM)

* I'm also having some or little trouble with the so called "superkeepers" in FM10. I didn't throw it away like you're planning to do now, instead take a break from playing FM, it could be a second or a minute or 1 hour or 1 day or 1 week or a whole month or the best of the best wait for a year an buy FM11 when it came out.

But as I'm talking to a super rare breed human now, you can throw away your FM and go play CM.Maybe Messi can score 50 goals in 15 matches for you.

Do u guys secretly work for SI u get real up and personal messi scored 38 goals in 50 games and has scored 14 in 18 games in real life so yh i would lke him scorin more than 2 in 17 with a rating of 7.02 i have played messi in every positon but the keepers wanna keep saving

Even if i took a week off u really think these keepers are gona stop savn EVERY shot hmmmm

Do u guys secretly work for SI u get real up and personal messi scored 38 goals in 50 games and has scored 14 in 18 games in real life so yh i would lke him scorin more than 2 in 17 with a rating of 7.02 i have played messi in every positon but the keepers wanna keep saving

Even if i took a week off u really think these keepers are gona stop savn EVERY shot hmmmm

The whole teams' tactics might be wrong. They all need to be perfect for the players to work together perfectly... thought that would have been common sense.

It's your tactic, honestly. Take the time and develop one that suits your players strength's. For a team like Barca, you don't need to do much as they will do better if you just let them play. Just look how your team plays and tweak if necessary. I've found with big teams they play better if you just let the players make their own decisions.

The whole teams' tactics might be wrong. They all need to be perfect for the players to work together perfectly... thought that would have been common sense.

so its my tactics even if i create 25 chances every game? i cant control the opposition keepers

so its my tactics even if i create 25 chances every game? i cant control the opposition keepers

I was talking specifically about this one incident with Messi. It could be that the "superkeepers/too-many-chances-created" bug is working against you. But it could also be that you haven't got the right tactics for the team you're with.

See where I'm coming from?

yh i do maybe i have to look at an alternative

I really hope that wasn't sacasm...

If it wasn't though, I applaud you. Most people in your position would have argued their point until they were blue in the face. Well done for accepting your tactics might be at fault. :thup::)

Well, you must get your tactics right & remember it will take some time to find one that suits your team. Your opponents will also guess your tactics & try to counter that.

*Don't always change tactics in every match, players need to adjust to their new tactics and play as a team.

*Be patient if your tactics didn't work out well against a particular team/keeper. As I said, your opponents will also scout your

last or previous matches & will know your strength & weakness.

*Always be patient - This IS VITAL. Even if your opponents keeper is having superb game(superkeepers), you may score one against him in the injury time and win the match. Don't always quit & reload every time your players didn't score up until 70th minute mark.

If you're not super rare breed human, you'll listen to the fellow OP's advice and mine too ( I hope )

Can somebody tell me what 'yh' means? Please don't tell me it is an abbrevriation of 'yes'. If it is that is truly shocking, that people actually shorten a three letter word to a two letter word. That would just be ridiculously lazy.

Also, where on earth would the 'h' come from?!

OP - just play a 442 diamond, control/attacking. Even with just that little amount of information you will win more matches than you lose. And I rarely see my teams missing all these chances, so it must be we don't create loads of chances where this bug that gives of the impression of 'superkeepers' occurs.

Can somebody tell me what 'yh' means? Please don't tell me it is an abbrevriation of 'yes'. If it is that is truly shocking, that people actually shorten a three letter word to a two letter word. That would just be ridiculously lazy.

Also, where on earth would the 'h' come from?!

It's short for 'yeah', which explains where the 'h' comes from... but not people's laziness. :D

Archived