Ledley King

As he always been this injury prone? Its only the last 2/3 years i have heard things about him not training with the 1st team and can only play one game a week. I did'nt know much about him 5 years ago ish.

So i'm wondering if he had a major injury to his knee or some thing and as never really recoverd.

Or is it that he as always been injury prone & as never done proper training so he can prolong his career a bit longer?

As he always been this injury prone? Its only the last 2/3 years i have heard things about him not training with the 1st team and can only play one game a week. I did'nt know much about him 5 years ago ish.

So i'm wondering if he had a major injury to his knee or some thing and as never really recoverd.

Or is it that he as always been injury prone & as never done proper training so he can prolong his career a bit longer?

For the last 3 or 4 years things have been bad for him. IIRC he had a ligament injury in one knee and it has (as these things often do) gone on to cause problems with other body parts! Shame because otherwise he would have easily become the best centre back in the EPL and probably the world.

In game he is very injury prone but with careful rotation (and luck) for the 1st 2 seasons you can get about 30-35 games a season out of him, after that it all starts going down hill rapidly.

I see. I thought it might have been a injury, thats a shame for him.

Yeah i have heard Redknap say a few times: "Without doubt, King is one of the best central defenders in England. But he can only play one game a week, and we have to be careful with him"

I remember Martin Jol too saying something like he his the best central defender he as seen in his career. When he was in charge at Spurs.

Archived