Statues.

I was talking to my friend about renaming stadiums in your honour and I mentioned that sometimes to board say they'll build a statue of you outside the stadium if you've had a particularly successful campaign in charge.

The more we spoke about it the more I began to doubt myself if this is the case, does anybody know for sure?

It's not in the game. Maybe next year. What you want a statue for, anyway? You think you C. Ronaldo?

I'm pretty sure I got one a couple of years back when I won the Premiership with Newcastle, when you get a message from the board I could've sworn that it said they were going to build one.

But like I say in the opening post, the more I spoke to my friend about it the more I doubted myself.

Perhaps your board said something along these line "the board are happy with the increase in the club stature since you took control".

Maybe your mixing up stature with statue ?

Nope, it wasn't that kind of messages. It was one of those after winning a competition where it says "The board are delighted with winning the Premiership", etc.

Like I say, I could've imagined it completely as it was a couple of years back. Or possibly was a media report saying something along the lines of the supporters wanting a statue built.

i know on the old games if u won a big competition for your club it would say something like ' the fans are absolutely delighted that the team have won the cup. the fans are singing the praises of the manager and believe a statue should be built in their honour'.

never seen anything more than that tho. it did make me hopeful for a while

Your not imagining it - it does happen.

Sort of.

When you win a competition or successive promotions, you get a message about how happy the fans are. It sometimes says they're considering building a statue in your honour.

This was in FM09, no idea if it's in FM10 but I'm 99% certain it happened for me when managing Ternana in '09.

Sort of.

When you win a competition or successive promotions, you get a message about how happy the fans are. It sometimes says they're considering building a statue in your honour.

This was in FM09, no idea if it's in FM10 but I'm 99% certain it happened for me when managing Ternana in '09.

Ah i remember now,not had it myself but seen it on the forums in years gone by.

Sort of.

Definatly in FM09 but i never actually saw it but i wasn't bothered, the consideration is enough!

Archived