Game Longevity

not sure if this is the right place.

I have not read the forums about this subject but here is my idea to ensure that the events in recent time do not repeat themselves and the game dies as a result.

First of all I’d just like to say that I played eve online for six years in one of the oldest corporations in the game and later in the most feared alliance until their downfall (BoB for those that play). It became almost like a job then I found this lighter hearted mmo that is less all consuming.

Anyway here is the idea

1. Start as normal with your own club and build it accordingly

2. You have normal holidays, extended holidays (pay extra maybe) if you have some unforeseen rl issues and know you will be back where you set up your match plans and the games are auto resolved.

3. When an account is cancelled a manager position becomes vacant.

4. Who can apply ?

a. It depends on the team, stadium etc. The new manager should have skills and experience to match the job. Just like real life.

b. So instead of the game building a club the focus changes to the success of the manager.

c. Perhaps you could pay the managers wages based on results/success and base manager rankings on money earned/titles etc with league based on reputation. So the better the league the more points for the manager. A little like current system the worse your team players the more points you get for success.

d. New players can not apply for a top ranking club. Only players with the required skillset. So then other positions become vacant and the new managers fill those slots.

e. With this system there will always be a few vacant positions as people come and go for their own reasons. But these can be auto managed if someone just drops everything until a a new player steps into the fold

f. Returning player get a team based on their skills/experience and may have to wait until a post become vacant for their exact match.

I really think this approach will make the game more attractive in the long run. There will be no need to reset gameworlds as you have a fluid movement. Once the initial clubs are setup the names don’t change just the managers. The players get what they want (GLORY).

Anyway that’s the idea have fun taking it apart

Ken…..

Archived