Best Attributes for Assistant Manager

Quick intro. New here but played Football Manager all this century! :D

Always played on a day to day basis in game and as you'd expect that takes a lot of time. Recently I have discovered that Going On Holiday I can do a season over two evenings which is good as my current aim is to ge the elusive regen son.

However I have come across a rather annoying thing. After half a season goen with Arsenal all my players hate me as they do not like how i talk to them on matchday. Considering the assistant manager is controlling squad selection I was wondering what attributes make a good assistant manager with an eye on basically not ****ing the players off.

Currently got Pat Rice but seeing as he seems to be the problem with a heavy heart i'll sack him once I find someone who can be nice lol

My assistant manager was Tomas Rosicky, he had Man Managment 19, which is great for the team talks, he always knew what to say to the players, although his tactical knowledge was a bit lame, but didn't need it anyway. Find one with good Determination, Man Managment and Tactical Knowledge, and also try to find one that is a good coach besides all that.

if your going on holiday dont let your ass man pick your squad. You set your starting 11 and tactics so when you go on holiday click on use current tactics and use current team selection where possible. Then basically your still managing the team. Just not doing the team talks or any tactics in the actual match

I always look for my Ass Man to be proficient in at least one coaching attribute, preferably coaching tactics but doesn't really matter which one. In addition, in order of importance, this is what I look for:

1. Tactical knowledge (if you want him to advise you about matches - the best ones offer great advice re opposition instructions, etc).

2. Motivating (for team talk suggestions and, more importantly, if you prefer to skip press conferences).

3. Man management for advice in the backroom meetings (eg, preferred moves etc)

4. Judging ability

5. Judging potential.

even if you make a super asst man (with fmrte) including hidden attributes, they keep doing wrong things like before...

the truth is: there are a lot of attributes of which we think they are important, BUT I really have the idea there are NO LINKS at all behind most staff attributes, I mean no influence to the game...

And this is the worst: NOBODY at SI knows if there are links or not...

they keep on adding visual things on... the system (with links or not) of a game called CM

We are really stupid gamers, couz we are playing the game and want to discover all secrets... BUT there is nothing to discover, because nothing (training, scouting, tactics, praizing players, staff attributes...) works logically, everything is just visual, there's nothing behind the visual figures we see...

I wouldn't want to use fmrte as it would ruin the game for me. Nothing like the satisfation of training an under 18 worth 1 million and a few years later he worth 10 and playing in your first team.

I just want an ass man who'll not **** off the squad which reflects on me. Unhappy squad = poor results.

When i checked the game on 31st Dec 09 everyone disliked how i speak to them on match day and morale was low. Too further annoy me we were 8th and 16 points off the leaders chelsea and i was a game away from being fired if i lost. Managed to claw my way too 4th with 6 games to go but i have chelsea next, then man U who are 1st and 2nd in the league.

Going to sack Rice and get another ass man that i am happy with for my purposes. Need to repair a few realtions with the squad too. I don't want Fabregas demanding a transfer.

All in all, not a complete washout season s I won the league cup against Wolves beating man u in the semi

And this is the worst: NOBODY at SI knows if there are links or not...

This statement can be right or wrong, do you have evidence of that ?

To be honest I can't perceive if staff attributes are taken or not into proper consideration but I like to think yes.

they keep on adding visual things on... the system (with links or not) of a game called CM

We are really stupid gamers, couz we are playing the game and want to discover all secrets... BUT there is nothing to discover, because nothing (training, scouting, tactics, praizing players, staff attributes...) works logically, everything is just visual, there's nothing behind the visual figures we see...

That's just not true. If you don't want to see it, fine. All I've seen from you is this claim, but no evidence.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems. You're claiming that SI are building a random number generator every year, but are unaware of this?

the truth is: there are a lot of attributes of which we think they are important, BUT I really have the idea there are NO LINKS at all behind most staff attributes, I mean no influence to the game...

This isn't my experience at all. My Ass Man with very high tactical knowledge and judging ability gives me sound advice nearly every time re opposition instructions, whereas others I've had don't seem to understand football at all. Sometimes I'll tweak it a little bit, but most games I take his advice and win.

As for coaches, I have in the past played half a season with the backroom staff I inherited, then sacked them at the end of the season and replaced them with much better ones, namely the cheap newgen coaches that are generated and the ex-players who pop up. I see improvements in performances and attitude.

You may not be recruiting the right people.

Imo i like judging player ability/potential the most as he will file more acurate player reports once he gets good club knowledge, if you are using him for team talks you will want good a motivation stat and if for opposition instructions good tactical knowledge, i don't ever go on holidays though so maybe you would have to take other things into consideration in this case like man management etc

I'm guessing that SI have purposely set things up so that assistant mangers, no matter how good their ratings, will always keep quiet during team talks when you are on holiday. I don't see the point of the holiday feature if the Assistant managers aren't going to manage as they normally would. I don't have much time myself so I'd be nice to have this feature working properly.

Archived