Cracked it

Ive been going insane managing Barca thinking that they should play like they do in real life but Messi in the game hit the nail on the head my assistant manager said at half time - "Messi is struggling to motivate himself for a manager with a low reputation in the game" good work FM2010 i won't be playing this game anymore its suppose to be enjoyable which it is not with it "super goalies" but yet my keeper keeps the ball till someone nicks it off him and scores. When will FM2010 learn it should be alot easier for the big teams with good players and more difficult for the like of lower teams. sorry rant over just had enough... Oh and dnt even get me started on possession barca 45% Getafe 55% dnt make me pi55 myself

It sounds like the cliched "it's your tactics" actually holds true on this one. If you are only getting 55% possesion then you are obviously playing too quick or giving the ball away too easily or a combination of this and other things. Without some actual details then no one is going to be able to help you. Just posting up some ill thought out rant is hardly beneficial for anyone.

Oh and by the way if by some miracle some unproven manager did take over Barca i am sure quite a few of the players would have real trouble taking him seriously.

Oh and by the way if by some miracle some unproven manager did take over Barca i am sure quite a few of the players would have real trouble taking him seriously.

Exactly. If you don't want this to happen and therefore be more realistic really, set your previous experience as International Footballer, then you taking over will be the same as when Guardiola took over, as opposed to a Sunday League footballer magically taking over the biggest club in the world.

nah he wont i think you need my game to understand. I cant score because it either hits the bar or keeper saves on average i have 19 shots 2 will hit the bar 9 will go high and wide and the rest keeper will save its quite unreal at times it even happens in friendlies

Instead of raging about things not going your way, you may be best off posting and asking for help in the Tactics forum. I'm not saying the game doesn't have it's problems but most of them (rightly or wrongly) can be avoided by using the right tactics.

Also, what is your reputation in-game? It may be high enough for most teams but players such as Messi may need a higher rep than more average players.

nah he wont i think you need my game to understand. I cant score because it either hits the bar or keeper saves on average i have 19 shots 2 will hit the bar 9 will go high and wide and the rest keeper will save its quite unreal at times it even happens in friendlies

Fair or not, it actually IS your tactics. In fact, it's not fair at all that a flaw in your tactical set-up should be communicated to you like that, and this is a big problem with FM - the feedback you get from the match engine doesn't really help in determining where you are going wrong and it leads to frustration.

As for players not respecting you, I've never seen that happen when your rep is set to International Footballer.

Archived