How to befriend managers?

Hey all, I was wondering what comments I need to say to another clubs manager in order to get to be friends.

I always get the "feels the two of you could become friends" but I've never gotten to actually be best buds. I like getting their scouting knowledge and transfer benefits from this.

On the opposite, it seems rather hard to get some managers to respond to you. I am playing in the Blue Square North and every match I tell the manager of Alfreton how much I dislike him. He is "highly annoyed" with me according to the game, but I want more.

On the opposite, it seems rather hard to get some managers to respond to you. I am playing in the Blue Square North and every match I tell the manager of Alfreton how much I dislike him. He is "highly annoyed" with me according to the game, but I want more.

Maybe he doesn't want to **** off his players and is just being smart ;)

In FM09 I was Hoffenhiem's manager and after 2 seasons I was in the fav. personnel of Schalke's manager, Leverkusen and Hamburg

Klinsmann was weary of me sometimes and sometimes friendly, on the other hand Werder Bremen's Felix Magath was stoic as usual :D

Maybe I have a hard time making friends because I'm a low league manager and they don't respect me so much.

Juventus's manager is probably closet to being my friend, I'm a feeder of his, and I got a absolute stellar regen of his on loan because he said he liked me as a manager.

It takes a while, but just keep relishing praise. Everytime you go up against him, initiate a friendly mind-game interaction. A week or so after the game, praise again, always say positive or respectful comments when possible.

I'm in my 5th year and I focused on Mark Hughes to befriends, for obvious reasons. It's worked out well, last year he bordered on "Feels the two of you could become friends," to "Feels you two have a good relationship" (I believe). I was able to sign a very good attacking midfielder prospect (valued at 10 million) for 3 million because of our relationship, where Hughes released a comment saying our good friendship was the reason he accepted the deal.

The problem I have is that it doesn't stay at good relationship, it keeps reverting back to him feeling we could become friends. Anyone know why?

It takes a while, but just keep relishing praise. Everytime you go up against him, initiate a friendly mind-game interaction. A week or so after the game, praise again, always say positive or respectful comments when possible.

I'm in my 5th year and I focused on Mark Hughes to befriends, for obvious reasons. It's worked out well, last year he bordered on "Feels the two of you could become friends," to "Feels you two have a good relationship" (I believe). I was able to sign a very good attacking midfielder prospect (valued at 10 million) for 3 million because of our relationship, where Hughes released a comment saying our good friendship was the reason he accepted the deal.

The problem I have is that it doesn't stay at good relationship, it keeps reverting back to him feeling we could become friends. Anyone know why?

Maybe because he realized you were ripping him off on midfielder prices. ;)

Maybe because he realized you were ripping him off on midfielder prices. ;)

Haha, I thought about that...I was like, I wonder if he will get ****ed if I don't accept his bids while continuing to exploit our friendship. But actually, now that I think about it, I think a week after I got the prospect, that's when it went back to just him thinking we could become friends..and it's been there for a while now, so perhaps you're right.

Maybe he doesn't want to **** off his players and is just being smart ;)

Something is going on. So, I went from insulting him after EVERY match I played (because the first time my squad met Alfreton, I had three players leave with serious injuries -- the manager is Nicky Law btw), until most of my squad thought I was being unprofessional. I stopped for about two weeks and checked, and he "Feels the two of you could become friends."

:confused:

Something is going on. So, I went from insulting him after EVERY match I played (because the first time my squad met Alfreton, I had three players leave with serious injuries -- the manager is Nicky Law btw), until most of my squad thought I was being unprofessional. I stopped for about two weeks and checked, and he "Feels the two of you could become friends."

:confused:

Wind up merchant :D:D:D

Archived