Save Game Failed??

This is so frustrating. Everytime I try to save my current game, a message saying "Save Game Failed. The game could not be saved" pops up in the middle of the screen.

I figured it's because my Local Disk is full...but I have around 20GB free.

Please, someone, help a needy FM lover :(

• 4 weeks later...
What does compress exactly mean?

English is not my first language, so I don't know...

P.S. I always have that ticked. :thup:

Then you have the save compressed, a compressed file is one where the data is shrunk, so that any repeating patterns will be represented by two pieces of data, one for the pattern and the other for how often it repeats. An example would be a photo of a family at the beach,first the photo would be split into a grid X lines across and Y lines down, then the blue in the sky would be compressed into the binary for B as a code for blue, and the points on the grid corresponding to the edges of the blue would be coded. This would be repeated for all other colours in the photo, with the grid points with many coulours staying uncompressed. Then to see the photo again you would run a programme with the neccessary algoritm for uncompressing the data (e.g. winzip).

Personally, I think it's easier for a compressed save to corrupt than for a regular save, since the compression is just another thing that can go wrong. IMO, it's better to not compress save games if you have sufficient space on your harddrive.

But yeah, I'm not expert, I just guess it could be so that your saving dont work because it's compressing? Idk tho.

Well I searched the forum to find the same problems that other people are occuring, and I found out about the corrupt file. Which meant I had to run this utility that would delete it, and had to do a full manuel Uninstall. So I now re-installing it, the problem should be solved.

Cheers anyway.

Then you have the save compressed, a compressed file is one where the data is shrunk, so that any repeating patterns will be represented by two pieces of data, one for the pattern and the other for how often it repeats. An example would be a photo of a family at the beach,first the photo would be split into a grid X lines across and Y lines down, then the blue in the sky would be compressed into the binary for B as a code for blue, and the points on the grid corresponding to the edges of the blue would be coded. This would be repeated for all other colours in the photo, with the grid points with many coulours staying uncompressed. Then to see the photo again you would run a programme with the neccessary algoritm for uncompressing the data (e.g. winzip).

Thanks mate, but TBH I'm not sure I understood you. My English obviously sucks :(

But thanks anyway. :)

Archived