New Ideas For Football Manager 2011 And Beyond.

Right i added Miles Jacobsen on facebook and he suggested if i have ideas for the game i post it on here. i cannot find a similar thread so i have posted this one.

i have completely forgotten my idea but it will come to be but This is rob taylor's idea which is pretty good:

1. January transfer budget

2. All the money through management u make your aloud to invest it in clubs

3. Easier to by players 4 cheaper (u can pay stupid prices sometimes) eg 100m for iniesta

4. More coaches e.h phycologists

5. Being able to intaract wiv the fans more

If anybody else has ideas please post ;)

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=24018

There you are.

1. It's what you have left from your regular budget. I don't know if that's how it works in real life as well, but it makes sense to me.

2. SI have confirmed there are no plans for career earnings investments

3. No. It's not easy in real life to get players for free.

4. You can get more when your reputation improves. I agree it would be a good addition to be able to ask the board for more.

5. Not sure how much/often managers interact with the fans. Don't think it's too much, to be honest.

Agree that possibly setting favoured personnel would be good - unless you're one of those crazy LLM folk, it's unrealistic to just jump from a day job into the AC Milan hierarchy for example. :D

Fan interaction - I'm not quite sure what you mean, but there does need to be a little more interaction in FM. However until the farce that is press conferences is sorted out I can't see anything worthwhile coming soon.

I wouldn't sell Iniesta for less than 100m and im sure Mr Guardiola wouldn't either.

I agree with both your ideas in the second post, kind of. By set i presume you mean develop a relationship with through better interaction.

But the first set i disagree with completely.

Posted this somewhere else, but if this thread is specifically for it...

I'd actually like PA, in the way it is used now, completely removed from the game. This would stop FMRTE cheating as well.

I'd like the following - say a player called Johnaldo Smithaldo comes through at Cruzeiro:

* You send a scout to various countries to scout that nations clubs youth academies BEFORE the regen is created. So our scout goes to Cruzeiro.

* When the regen is created, the scout will inform you he has been keeping a careful eye on the Cruzeiro academy, and Johnaldo Smithaldo has caught his eye. Because he's a great scout, you can trust he's found a gem - the lesser the scouts ability, the less reliable his finds.

* You can then choose whether to approach the player, before he's visible to any other club on the game. The AI doesn't have the advantage of knowing the players PA and negotiations can be kept quiet.

* Obviously, not all regens will be caught as they come through the academy. This will mean that some will be scouted later on in their careers.

So PA would still exist, but would truly be "hidden". Players wouldn't be able to trawl through the U18's before the AI to handpick the top prospects. The AI could use the same system, and you could get a news message saying:

"<Club> has signed <Player>, who is tipped to me one of the stars of his generation. He was found plying his trade at <Selling Club>'s academy by <Club> scout <Scout Name>"

This would prevent everyone who plays FM having a youth team of Cristiano Ronaldos, add realism to the game and genuinely give you the thought "Wow... I wish my scout had found him", and conversely "Ha! Barcelona are gonna be jealous of this new kid!"

Furthermore, it'd make online play very exciting, as every player would be bringing in unique players.

Tubey, that's a very interesting point about the PA - and I'm trying to think of a way or if it would be possible to scrap PA entirely. You do have to factor in that some players of equal abilities just have more potential than others, and that seems to be the only downfall. However, if you scrapped PA entirely, the player could instead become better to an infinite level through training. Obviously, they wouldn't become that great, but it depends what club they are at. Some of their mental attributes would help them progress faster, and obviously if they trained at a big club they would progress extremely well.

However, there is another downside to this - if the game was like this - then use Man Utd for an example, it is possible that all of their 18 year old defenders will turn out almost exactly the same in their CA if they don't really have a PA. So, concluding this I think you are probably right about there needing to be some sort of hidden PA value, but one that is flexible and can change a bit, I think. If a 18 year old only has a PA of 100 and their CA is 95 now, surely you would think training at Man Utd or Chelsea would make them a much better player, but they are sort of blocked by the current system.

Stadiums aren't something a manager is normally involved in but who cares, the more control the better in these games.

I'd like to see alot more information on how the commercial/merchandising money is made, lists of the players who sell the most merchandsing at your team, in the country, world etc would be good as we know in real life clubs have signed players because of the commercial value they bring to the team ie basically all of Beckhams transfers.

Better youth and affiliate systems should be created as not enough youth players come through, having the various youth teams at the different ages would work although not sure how much all the extra matches generated would slow the game down.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be able to have a chairman career where you could,

-Buy clubs

-Provide budgets for both transfer windows

-Issue wage budgets and wages

-Hire and fire managers

-Invest in the stadium making it bigger etc

-Sell clubs to other investors or consortiums

-Buy new stadiums

-Gain relationships off shores abroad

-Gain understanding with the fa etc

-Invest in accadamys

-Look for nvestors and sponsers

Also i would like to see imprvements in injuries, it seems so easy for players to get injured. i believe you should be able to have options of

alternating injured players training giving them 2 das of training then a day off also more options of surgery etc and also, choice of trining and the training methods, and also show attitudes of players in training.

For me:

1) A realistic Youth system (with different levels like IRL) with realistic competition and national and international tournaments and (for international management) add U18,U17,ecc... with real competitions (so newgen should enter the game at 13-14 or at max 15 years)

2) Dynamic league reputation

3) Gain new rivalries (both human and AI clubs) during the career

4) Improved coownership (for Italy)

5) More leagues

• 2 weeks later...

1) Even though its football MANAGER. I think it would be cool if you start of as a scout or a asisstant manager then work your way up to managing.

2) The 3D match engine could to be improved by making the players and the stadiums more realistic.

3) More interaction with fans

4) More control over training

5) After every season it would be good if you can change the team kit (change pattern and colour) because it can get boring with the same kit for like 5 seasons.

6) More control over youth academy

7) You should be able to buy new stadiums.

8) FM need to stop overating players.

9) Say your intrested in buying a player and you wanted to see him play before buying him, it would be cool if you can go and watch him play 90 miniutes!!!

10) Players need to be cheaper

11) When creating tactics you should be able to position a player freely on the pitch any were you want.

12) All leagus should be licensed

1)press conferences could be improved with funnier options (things that would build a rapport withe fans, for example, or be able to have subtle digs at the hierarchy).

2)International management should have media interaction throughout the entire season, not just before international games. You should be able to tell players they need to improve if they are to be part of the national team, for example. This would create interesting and varied results dependent on player personality, and could dramatically affect the domestic leagues too.

3)Manager interaction should have more options. If a manager has very low domestic player bias you should be able to comment on this, also you could comment on how a team plays boring defensive football to see if you can 'draw them out' into an attacking game.

u should be able to sign a player but have the choice to loan him back to the club , eg like united have with smalling, then atleast you have the player but then they can develop and atleast be playing football instead of sat in ur reserves

Some of the ideas on here are impossible and unlikely to be seen.

This IS Football MANAGER not Football CHAIRMAN. No buying or selling of club, merchandise, scarfs or restaurant food. If you want this buy the sims. Also players are not and have never been cheap to buy, the game allows you to make money, sometimes too easily so I dont see that this needs improvement. If you want to have a team of superstars from day one, either join a big club or buy Fifa where you can do this without complaining here.

Now the good parts. An assistant manager career is not part of the game however you should be able to manage the reserves and in countries like Spain or Portugal be able to take the B team job and be considered for the first team if the first team manager is sacked or retires. This should allow you some scope in the assistant manager mode. At the beginning of the game there could be an option to make your own career history however this should be limited as ppl will say they scored 80 in 80 at international level and played at all the top teams. Also the amount of languages spoken should be improved. I am a fan of dual nationality as this is true irl (I have one too) so this should be kept in the game but number of languages should be improved. At press conferences questions should be asked in the native language until you master that language, this can be done from a programme perspective. Eventually your chosen language will appear, once the game has recognised that you know said language. This will make it harder for you to build up your reputation and also make you rely on an assman who can speak the country language. Also the effects of press conferences need to be improved. Players cannot like an assman above a manager just because the assman is always sent to press conferences and if a situation arises, the player should be goign to the manager with his views "Not happy about assman comments" and the manager should be able to offer a reply.

the youth system needs improvement but for that your youth coaches should be abel to independantly ascertain if someone is good or not and every season they should be the ones to promote a number of players to your first team (eg. 2 or 3). that way eliminating the need for you to constantly check on youth players who almost always look crap at the beginning. For this I would like to see more interaction with a managing director role, someone who oversees functions at the club and who will be, especially when your job is under pressure the person who will start to hound you with requests. Eg. We need a result and player x is expected toplay today. This is common at modern day clubs, eg. Man City, Chelsea, Real Madrid, etc. Chairman should also be allowed to bring in at least one top player a year. Top accordign to them, for you he may be crap but that also happens irl. This is a feature that was previously in the game, no idea why it was removed.

There's lots more but I'll end up writing an essay otherwise :)

u should be able to sign a player but have the choice to loan him back to the club , eg like united have with smalling, then atleast you have the player but then they can develop and atleast be playing football instead of sat in ur reserves

This is another great idea. You should also be able to put a clause in the contract whereby the player has to play x games during the loan or the loan club will have to pay a financial penalty. This happen irl all the time.

I think that, some ideas on here are unrealistic because not many manager's interact with fans. There is a popular theory knocking about which I think is excellent which means you start off at a club as a Coach and you set out more in-depth training schedules or Reserve Team or Youth Team manager, and work your way up the ranks at that club, or other teams impressed with what your doing and want you to manage their club. This kind of thing happens very often in modern football; I think it is time it happened on Football Manager.

People wanting to be a Chairman, very unrealistic idea as there isn't that much they do - C.E.O and Directors of Football usually do most of the work within teams.

1. January transfer budget

You can already apply for extra transfer funds and if the board are happy with how you spent the rest of the funds they might give you extra if the club has it.

2. All the money through management u make your aloud to invest it in clubs

Pointless feature.

3. Easier to by players 4 cheaper (u can pay stupid prices sometimes) eg 100m for iniesta

It's the games way of telling you they are not for sale.

4. More coaches e.h phycologists

Not even sure what a phycologist is? A quick Google search tells me it's the study of Seaweed. I don't see how that'd aid the game at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phycology

5. Being able to intaract wiv the fans more

Possibly although what would you say?

Well said Phraz, what you think to

" At press conferences questions should be asked in the native language until you master that language, this can be done from a programme perspective. Eventually your chosen language will appear, once the game has recognised that you know said language."

and ...

"You start off at a club as a Coach and you set out more in-depth training schedules or Reserve Team or Youth Team manager, and work your way up the ranks at that club, or other teams impressed with what your doing and want you to manage their club. This kind of thing happens very often in modern football; I think it is time it happened on Football Manager. "

Well said Phraz, what you think to

" At press conferences questions should be asked in the native language until you master that language, this can be done from a programme perspective. Eventually your chosen language will appear, once the game has recognised that you know said language."

and ...

"You start off at a club as a Coach and you set out more in-depth training schedules or Reserve Team or Youth Team manager, and work your way up the ranks at that club, or other teams impressed with what your doing and want you to manage their club. This kind of thing happens very often in modern football; I think it is time it happened on Football Manager. "

I like the idea of Reserve team coaches and Youth team. It'd get a bit annoying having no control of who's in your team but if it was only a means to work your way up then there's no problem. To be honest it's more realistic having the Press conference in your own language as there is either an interpreter or the conference is done in English.

:thup:

For me:

1) A realistic Youth system (with different levels like IRL) with realistic competition and national and international tournaments and (for international management) add U18,U17,ecc... with real competitions (so newgen should enter the game at 13-14 or at max 15 years) - Possibly... Not the worst idea!

2) Dynamic league reputation YES!!!

3) Gain new rivalries (both human and AI clubs) during the career YES!!!

4) Improved coownership (for Italy)

5) More leagues

Overall, good ideas. The issue is balencing such things though, as we all see in football manager, strange things can happen when the balence isn't just so.

1) Even though its football MANAGER. I think it would be cool if you start of as a scout or a asisstant manager then work your way up to managing.

2) The 3D match engine could to be improved by making the players and the stadiums more realistic.

3) More interaction with fans

4) More control over training

5) After every season it would be good if you can change the team kit (change pattern and colour) because it can get boring with the same kit for like 5 seasons.

6) More control over youth academy

7) You should be able to buy new stadiums. You already can

8) FM need to stop overating players. What?

9) Say your intrested in buying a player and you wanted to see him play before buying him, it would be cool if you can go and watch him play 90 miniutes!!! You already can

10) Players need to be cheaper No, no they don't

11) When creating tactics you should be able to position a player freely on the pitch any were you want. Bit hard to implement and could lead to balence issues. Programming AI to use it properly would be extremely difficult as well.

12) All leagus should be licensed ...and we should also cure cancer, make time machines and stop the halocaust and make poverty history, things are never that simple.

YES!!!

I would like it if I told a club that one of my players is not for sale that they didn't keep bidding for him.

You should be able to report clubs that constantly bid for your players and sanctions brought against the manager etc.

Currently - as someone said they wanted to buy Inestia and paid 100m for them?

If you just offer 40m the club will ask for more.

Then you set the installments to 48months and offer 45m and then they accept it most of the time.

(or something similar)

I'd like to see the following:

1) Joining a team mid season the chairman gives you expectations until the end of season (i.e. joining a team in the relegation battle in Feb, the chairman issues an expectation of avoiding relegation for that season before giving another expectation the following season e.g. Harry Redknapp at Spurs)

2) The ability to be an assistant manager. It would be good to be able to manage the reserves of Man Utd, Barcelona, Arsenal, etc. to gain the experience and build your reputation in the game.

3) The ability to tap up players and staff, and face sanctions if media publish it.

4) Chairmen influencing the team you select at certain clubs, e.g. Lazio.

5) Signing a player and sending him back on loan for a period of time. It happens all the time in the modern game.

My dear lord. That Football Chairman idea is awful! What would you do? Most of your stuff is done during the summer or in a transfer window. Then what?

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.

I had an idea before where I reached 100 years of age.

I had accumulated a good wealth. I would have loved the option to Retire, then be presented a bunch of clubs within my wealth that I could acquire.

Then when I start as a new manager within the same game that I could manage this club, the club would have a new chairman (aka me) and they would be wealthy. I still get to manage the club but the chairman would be my prior self before retiring.

I think that would be good. Better than getting to 100 years of age, which is silly.

As a manager you should be retiring around the 70 year mark.

You could then keep on going with acquiring clubs as a new manager every 40 seasons or so.

I think that would give you a reason to keep on playing in the same game over many generations.

This is the first time I've ever seen this idea presented in an acceptable light. This would be a good way of implimenting something that people have been asking for for quite a while. You could pretend that you were going through whole family trees while playing the game. :thup:

This is the first time I've ever seen this idea presented in an acceptable light. This would be a good way of implimenting something that people have been asking for for quite a while. You could pretend that you were going through whole family trees while playing the game. :thup:

Yay Me (10 letters)

I have remebered an idea.

1. More manager attributes for us like the real managers. its to basic at the moment.

2. Also we should be able to set out favourite players and managers while in game.

Regarding Point 2.

I definatley agree, but I think you either have played the Player for your Team or had the Staff Member as one of your staff or Interacted with the player.

Then it will give you the option of having the player as a Favourate Personal. :thup:

Otherwise whats stopping you having 100 favourate personal :p, but yes, I agree with that feature :)

Guest markyosullivan

I think the press conference should be in the native language, and you'll at first have an interpreter to translate the question and after a few conferences you'll be able to answer a few questions in the native language without having to have an interpreter.

And I love your idea of U18 coach, then Reserve coach, then assistant manager? and then Manager. :)

Well I think a good adition to the game would be agent's coming to you and saying "Player X is unhappy and wants to leave for a better club. He has a Minimum Release Fee of X Million if you wish to purchase him." Agents sending videos used to happen and I think agents should be incorporated into the game more. For instance with your own players saying "Player X is thinking of leaving unless he gets a better contract" and agents having trust ratings and having an influence on player mentality where a ruthless agent will encourage players to sign for money and such like.

Team talks are currently a farce and probably the most limiting feature of the game. They have far too much influence on performance compared to tactics and morale. For players he know the trick behind it, teamtalks are far too simple to use and for those who don't just a pure lottery. For those who say leave to the assistant they constantly pick poor options no matter how good at motivating etc they are.

Assistant managers are useless largely. Primarily when asking for team talk advice the constant "for the fans" is both annoying and stupid. This is especially annoying when you have Mauro Tassoti, Pat Rice or one of the other better assistant managers in the game. Backroom advice is a good idea but isn't effective enough.

Most of all fixing the match engine is the most important thing by far. I think nearly everyone would rather see a data update and a good match engine next year rather than lots of exciting new features.

Hi

I have been saying this for a while: FM should first make sure all the features work before moving forward. And should be careful before they destroy a game that is loved by many since 1992.

- Database: Players, Coaches and Refs. Should be given the same importance to all of them. Does it make any sense to announce a bigger interaction between manager and coaches or coaches and players if the staff of big clubs is either incomplete or inaccurate?

- Match Engine: Does it make sense to move on to a 3D match engine when improvements on the 2D are needed? What is the percentage of users that actually watch the match in 3D mode or during 90 minutes without moving on to extended mode or just the key moments or even just the old-fashioned-but-fascinating-commentary?

- Transfer system and Finances. Every single club is totally dependent on bank loans or a chairman that puts some money of his own. The gap between "really" big clubs and the rest is enormous:

1. Real Madrid and Barcelona

2. Man Utd

3. Chelsea, Liverpool, AC Milan, Inter

4. Bayern, Arsenal

The rest are way below in terms of ranking. The game does not reflect this scenario.

- Tactics adjusted to team squad. I know there is a manager feature that goes with this but it is still very common to see teams selling their best players because of a new manager.

- DATABASE: It should be done in blocks so that one could install English Updates, Italian Updates, French Updates...etc...

There are people all over the world doing a much better job than the researches. I normally have to spend 5 months before I start playing the game because the database is inaccurate and incomplete.

So, making a long story short: Make sure that you improve the things you are good at before changing the face of the game. People still basically focus on tactics and buying and selling players.

one idea I think would be interesting is the ability to play as a director of football. most of the functionality is already in the game - you can hire an assistant manager and essentially play that way. there would only need to be a few changes:

a) the manager would have autonomy over coaching staff, and presumably you'd want regular updates on positions he wants upgraded, signings he wants made, etc.

b) obviously the whole board confidence thing would be a bit different

I think one advantage of this to SI would be that it allows players who maybe don't have hundreds of hours to invest in the game, but still want to play long careers, to do so. sure, you can holiday through an entire season as it stands, but chances are the guy in charge of the team (your assistant manager) isn't really that good, and also they don't have a lot of autonomy - for example if you holiday for 6 months and teams hire away half your staff, suddenly your training schedules get messed up.

I would like to now how much player cost me (for exapmle for 5 years of playing - transfer fee + contracts, clausules, medical care (injuries costs)) and in his profile would be "Total costs of player" or something like this. So if I had youngster for few years, I would know ho much I invest in him.

Archived