can you do me a favour please!

yh i can spell m8, paedo short short for paedophile you "pathetic idiot"

I kinda meant your use of text-speak. Which, come to think of it, isn't actually allowed on these forums. Maybe you should think about what your type before pressing 'submit'? Better yet, how about you stop posting. Then everyone would be much happier. :thup:

probs both, im just trying to get the site going + he said if my name was given over he will help me out with something

Maybe don't insult someone who makes a joke on your thread then? Calling them a paedophile won't get them to check out your site.

ive just been on this site. Dont bother. Its a waste of time

Not entirely. The drivel posted there is drivel that hasn't been posted here :D

Seriously though, the design is very bland and could be improved upon with a little work. Another point regarding presentation is that avatars are too wide - they have scroll bars ffs!! Either limit the width people can upload or get the forum software to automatically resize them.

The poor spelling and grammar could do with correcting as it really doesn't give a good impression to visitors (for instance, Inroduction Section should be Introduction Section).

The VIP thing is a rip off. Pure and simple. If you have nothing to offer that's worth people paying for then don't set up such a scheme. Sortitoutsi.net offers BETA testing options and better download services to those who subscribe. You're offering e-mails from Admins (every member should get them tbh, especially if you want to maximise your traffic), a choice of colours for your user name (Seriously? That's a perk? Oh, and stopping people using four of the more common colours is a good move - I understand that it's because you've already used those colours and are reserving them to avoid confusion but...meh) and getting your name on the website (again, it's just not an option worth paying for).

It's not the worst site that's been advertised here - far from it. You do need to work hard to bring it up to the standard of your competitors though. Not only that but you need to identify something that will bring visitors in - your current club guides won't do that imo.

Do you really need 3 threads for 1 fansite?

No.

Take a look at some of the affiliate scheme websites such as www.theawaystand.co.uk/community and www.loswonderkids.com - I think that's constructive feedback, as if you've half a brain you should see why your website has only a handful of members and no quality discussion.

Mike.

EDit: Oh, and for the record, I think whoever came up with the idea of charging people on your site is an absolutely disgrace. The likes of Susie, FMGLive etc can offer such schemes yes, and I'd be more than happy to pay for them considering the amazing features and content offered regularly. You offer;

- Own section to the forum. Fair enough, but your forum only has 18 members. I doubt any of them are 'VIP', so I'd be talking to myself, no?

- Emails from the Admin? At TheAwayStand, and infact all other sites around send out regular emails to all members through their software, infact we do it atleast a couple of times a month, you want to charge for this? Serious?

- Different Coloured Name. Same as above, really.

You are also running FREE forum software, on FREE hosting, using a FREE domain, why the hell are you asking people for money? Absolutely no reason whatsoever unless your trying to make a quick profit. Again I refer you to other fansite,s particular the established, affiliated SI ones. WE pay a good £70 for our Forum software license, and about a £10'er every single month for our hosting, sometimes more. If you were too, and you showed you were putting effort and money into your website, maybe, just maybe, would I have some sympathy to you offering such a scheme.

I hope that's constructive enough for you,

Mike.

Archived