U21 management... Is it worth a go?

Pretty much as the title says really.

I have been offered the oppurtunity to manage the England U21's after 3 solid years at Villa. Obviously I'll be keeping my job at Villa and I quite fancy dipping my toe in the International water? Is it worth giving the Under 21's a go (I've been turned down for the full England job) or should I hold out for a full international job with a lower level country)?

it is really fun

however, DO NOT PLAY FRIENDLIES

you only have time for 1 a year but as its midway through your qualifying campaign loads of your players who hae turned over 21 since become ineligable so you have to completley redo your squad.

pluis its annyoijgn when your best players get called up to full england squad or lesser torneys, or when they become inelible at new campaign, but it is worth it, really different way of management

It'ss worth it, but only if you want to manage an U21 side. If you don't then I wouldn't recommend it.

Well my thinking behind it is I'll get the chance to actually compete in a Tournament with an International team... whilst also using the team to find the best young homegrown talent.

Seems like it may be a bit of a challenge too as I've never managed U21's before.

I'm in the Serie C1 in Italy, and I like managing foreign clubs. It helps increase my personal knowledge along with my clubs scouting knowledge. It helps me find young foreign players too.

I'm currently manager of Nigeria Under 19s, which is about as good as I can get with my reputation right now. I sim the games and really don't have to do much. It will boost my reputation and open doors for other national jobs.

I'm in the Serie C1 in Italy, and I like managing foreign clubs. It helps increase my personal knowledge along with my clubs scouting knowledge. It helps me find young foreign players too.

I'm currently manager of Nigeria Under 19s, which is about as good as I can get with my reputation right now. I sim the games and really don't have to do much. It will boost my reputation and open doors for other national jobs.

I think I shall give it a go then... Even though I'll be staying in the same nation... May finally lift my first trophy of the save.

I agree, go for it..

I managed England U19's.. Qualifying for EC is very easy [opponents: kinda Ukraine, San Marino, Slovakia etc.], but EC itself with only 8 best teams is amazing, 7 of them are usually ENG, ITA, FRA, SPA, RUS, POR, SER, 8th is Scotland or Croatia or Switzerland.. smth like that.. Every game counts..

I agree to previously mentioned two annoying things:

* 1/2 of your squad suddenly becomes ineligible

* your 16/17yo star forward that has been scoring goals for fun gets in NT, you basically lose him

Archived