transfer market what if Si abolished PA system for transfer

I am thinking if scoats did not know the PA ie it hidden from everyone from us to AI and this used by training structure only. To improve players and be a guide to how far they can develop if he has perfect develpment career and facilities.

Would the game have a better transfer model if they went on player AGE, Form and experience and match stats use this only to gauge targets.

Would it get the game to make clubs bid for that 26 year old striker who smashed 24 goals despite his PA says he will be poor signing.

Its difficult no doubt what makes a manager feel that he take someone of the scrapheap and turn him around. That happens so to get a model to cope with differing ways clubs sign players is hard task.

But does concern me clubs tend to overlook players who perform at CA to look for more the PA.

Maybe balance is the issue.

does the ai currently base it solely on PA?

if thats true then i do like the sound of your idea. there are many players who are bought because they have one or two good seasons for a club and i think it would make a lot of sense for a club in the game to be interested in players for the same players.

No, because it would stop clubs buying prospects that had never played first team football. Just look at the number of players Arsenal have bought that have zero experience and no match stats. Undoubtedly the trasnfer system can be improved, but this isn't the way.

PA isn't everything. I've seen AI managers make boggling transfers.

I do think the AI is far too eager to buy average players though - Arsenal signed Nani from me in my game for £14m, and he's been terrible for them. But why would they need Nani in the first place? Arsenal have enough wingers.

I'm not sure about all this PA system or how it works and I never check players PAs but I'm not sure if I like the idea that the players future abilitys are already decided before he kicks a ball.

If you find a young player who has good starting stats in key areas and he is nutured properly and stays injury free surely he should be able to become a great player even if the computer has already decided he wont.

this what I am saying its not easy to create a model which follows the real life of how players are bought or sought

If we take away PA as a tool that scouts use and AI and us humans. Could we see abolishing of young players who never performed at senior level get bought.

It still could work if clubs differentiate Youth and reserve performance from first team then maybe we can ditch PA as source of transfer model.

I dont think its solely used but certainly transfer activity seems to make this more a priority than his current performance/form.

If there 16 year old playing out of skin in league 1/2 youth setup bigger clubs would monitor for sure to snap them up for there youth/reserves. Alot better are often cherry picked at young age but some slip the net and end up at smaller clubs. Some through various reason slip and end up non league career some however flurish get stolen, sometimes fees agreed or transfer tribunal. Even some clubs get nothing.

The game does not seem to have this hive of scouting from youth/reserves and ultimately first teamers. This side of things does seem weak.

I am actually suprised if someones who consistent performs well does not get scouted and this I think impacts the games transfer activity. If they dont find out how the heck can bids come in. Even if you done something marverlous like say auto final or championship small side in say semi's. Kept 23 clean sheets does'nt seem to get clubs interested or stired.

Its a balance for sure I now people would rather upset that the game see pestering but better clubs will always look or those bigger/better clubs struggling will always look for quick fixes. Not necessary always bid but would monitor/chase.

I'd actually like PA, in the way it is used now, completely removed from the game. This would stop FMRTE cheating as well.

I'd like the following - say a player called Johnaldo Smithaldo comes through at Cruzeiro:

* You send a scout to various countries to scout that nations clubs youth academies BEFORE the regen is created. So our scout goes to Cruzeiro.

* When the regen is created, the scout will inform you he has been keeping a careful eye on the Cruzeiro academy, and Johnaldo Smithaldo has caught his eye. Because he's a great scout, you can trust he's found a gem - the lesser the scouts ability, the less reliable his finds.

* You can then choose whether to approach the player, before he's visible to any other club on the game. The AI doesn't have the advantage of knowing the players PA and negotiations can be kept quiet.

* Obviously, not all regens will be caught as they come through the academy. This will mean that some will be scouted later on in their careers.

So PA would still exist, but would truly be "hidden". Players wouldn't be able to trawl through the U18's before the AI to handpick the top prospects. The AI could use the same system, and you could get a news message saying:

"<Club> has signed <Player>, who is tipped to me one of the stars of his generation. He was found plying his trade at <Selling Club>'s academy by <Club> scout <Scout Name>"

This would prevent everyone who plays FM having a youth team of Cristiano Ronaldos, add realism to the game and genuinely give you the thought "Wow... I wish my scout had found him", and conversely "Ha! Barcelona are gonna be jealous of this new kid!"

Furthermore, it'd make online play very exciting, as every player would be bringing in unique players.

I'd actually like PA, in the way it is used now, completely removed from the game. This would stop FMRTE cheating as well.

I'd like the following - say a player called Johnaldo Smithaldo comes through at Cruzeiro:

* You send a scout to various countries to scout that nations clubs youth academies BEFORE the regen is created. So our scout goes to Cruzeiro.

* When the regen is created, the scout will inform you he has been keeping a careful eye on the Cruzeiro academy, and Johnaldo Smithaldo has caught his eye. Because he's a great scout, you can trust he's found a gem - the lesser the scouts ability, the less reliable his finds.

* You can then choose whether to approach the player, before he's visible to any other club on the game. The AI doesn't have the advantage of knowing the players PA and negotiations can be kept quiet.

* Obviously, not all regens will be caught as they come through the academy. This will mean that some will be scouted later on in their careers.

So PA would still exist, but would truly be "hidden". Players wouldn't be able to trawl through the U18's before the AI to handpick the top prospects. The AI could use the same system, and you could get a news message saying:

This would prevent everyone who plays FM having a youth team of Cristiano Ronaldos, add realism to the game and genuinely give you the thought "Wow... I wish my scout had found him", and conversely "Ha! Barcelona are gonna be jealous of this new kid!"

Furthermore, it'd make online play very exciting, as every player would be bringing in unique players.

extemely good idea I like that this how the game should work topclubs do miss them end up at some smaller side. We should work to find the gems.

I would also think the game should split each countries in to smaller areas obviousy bigger the clubs more of the country they can scout.

I do think that basing signings on form, age etc would be better than PA.

When would you ever see a team like Everton sign Jermaine Beckford in the game, never. But due to his excellent performances for Leeds, he could end up going to them in real life.

If in game, a player scores 30 goals a season in the Romanian league or something like that, due to his low CA/PA (i.e, not being good enough for the Premier League) clubs wouldnt sign him. But if this happened in real life, clubs may be interested. It is quite similar to the Eduardo to Arsenal situation, no-one had heard of him, but after a good couple of seasons, Arsenal signed him up, something that wouldnt have happened in game.

I admit, it would be difficult to try and incorporate this into the game, but if it was possible, could make the game alot better, especially as any player in the game could end up as a world beater, and not just the same 5 or 6 players.

Tubey- that wouldn't stop FMRTE/Scout cheating. PA would still be "found".

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to sign the player unless the club that has discovered him through scouting turns down the chance to sign him.

Meaning you could find all the -9's and -10's you want, but alot of them would be on the equivalent of a pre-contract deal.

Yes, but you wouldn't be able to sign the player unless the club that has discovered him through scouting turns down the chance to sign him.

Meaning you could find all the -9's and -10's you want, but alot of them would be on the equivalent of a pre-contract deal.

FMRTE is a tool that some people use to enjoy the game, not letting them enjoy the game is the silliest idea ever,

i think the entire transfer system still needs a bit of work, take a player i'm trying to sell for instance, he was very good in Italy so I brought him into my Liverpool squad, he has only been a backup and starting only in cups and in those league games just before the Champs League, however, in that time he has a return of 3 goals every 2 games, now he is unhappy at not being a starter (quite rightly I think, but I have Torres and won't drop him) so I put him up for sale.

Now, I bought this guy for $12M, and all i'm asking for is the same $12M, however, the only offer I've received is from Middlesborough offering me $6M now + $4M over 12 months, this is rediculous! He's a great Striker who would light up any league, why the hell aren't some bigger clubs looking for him? Why aren't the Italian sides sniffing around trying to bring this guy back home?

i think the entire transfer system still needs a bit of work, take a player i'm trying to sell for instance, he was very good in Italy so I brought him into my Liverpool squad, he has only been a backup and starting only in cups and in those league games just before the Champs League, however, in that time he has a return of 3 goals every 2 games, now he is unhappy at not being a starter (quite rightly I think, but I have Torres and won't drop him) so I put him up for sale.

Now, I bought this guy for $12M, and all i'm asking for is the same $12M, however, the only offer I've received is from Middlesborough offering me $6M now + $4M over 12 months, this is rediculous! He's a great Striker who would light up any league, why the hell aren't some bigger clubs looking for him? Why aren't the Italian sides sniffing around trying to bring this guy back home?

I think when you put up players on Transfer list other teams realize you're desperate to get rid of him and want to pay less for the guy.

Archived