spoken language!

Hi,

have you ever had the idea to give us the option to chose the spoken language?

I mean, do I allways have to chose my second nationality, only for language?

I am Bosnian, and only Bosnian, I lieved in Italy, and now I am leaving in Austria, but I never thought about a second Nationality.

But, I allways learned languages. So, now I speak perfect German, very good Italian, and English basic things. So, wouldn't be better, if you have the opportunity when you start the game, to chose which language you know? Ok, the nationality is the first, but some people know more then one foreign language. So, there could be: your first foreign language (perfect), your second foreign language (good), and if you want your third foreign language (basic).

So, then I could only chose my nationality as Bosnian, and I wouldn't need my second Nationality as Italian.

Have you ever thought about this option?

A brilliant idea. To be fair the nationality is not a good enough reason to classify a person. I could number a lot of British ppl who can't speak English, by game standards they would have English as a spoken language. I don't exaggerate on this, many are taking English lessons and have a British passport while other ppl who are not British can likely speak English a lot better. It would make sense to add tables where you can input a language or languages which are spoken, same process that is used when inputting details or choosing leagues. I don't think Nationality should be the basis for defining a person, gamewise or for real.

Thank you :)

So, I hope SI members will watch after this thread, and say their opinion about this option. Of course, the option to chose the nationality can still be there, but for me it would be better if I could chose the spoken language. Because, in that way, I would let only one nationality, bosnian, and by side take German and Italian as spoken, and english as basic.

I don't know if this would help to get better job, but I know that it would help me to explain my player how to play certain position. And in real Life, I speak this languages, and would like to add it to my personality

I really wish they'd include this in the game. I like to try to replicate myself as manager as much as possible, and speak basic French, German and Japanese as well as fluent English. Absolutely no chance of being able to replicate this at the moment. :(

We definitely need this little but important feature.

Adding a "fake" second nationality isn't often enough to replicate a real-life situation...

I managed to work English, Norwegian, Swedish and Italian into my profile but French, basic Spanish and basic German are still missing.

Nationality as Danish and second nationality as Swiss normally gets you English, Danish, French, German, Norwegian and a couple more, possibly Italian and Swedish?

Something like that. A bit silly but I normally do that as I speak a few languages.

SI - Add this option. Please.

And that is what I am telling: I have to chose imaginary nationality to get my languages.

Why should I be swiss or danish (of course nothing against Switzerland or Danemark) only to speak languages? Can't I be Italian, or Russian, or Swedish, but be able to speak english, german and french, because I learned it in school?

Of course, there will be user that will take english, german, italian and spain in the start of the game. This is there game. I would prefer to be able to speak German and Italian and basic of english, but with a complete other nationality. This is me, and what I am. And I would like to have it in the game.

The most people speak 1 or 2 foreign languages, but, there are some that know more. So, the option that I would like, and I think it would be accepted by all, is: chose nationality, and then you can chose maximum of 3 foreign languages: 1 perfect, 1 good, 1 basic.

Funny thing is, that after years and years of FM, they never thought about this option. I don't know why. Because, it would be a nice thing and would make big changes by explaining the new tactic to foreign players. I hope, they would try to intoduce it in patch 10.3 ...I hope

Archived