The defender can be a super striker

It's not back pass, it should be a clearance, so I think keeper can use his hands

As harsh as it would sound, the keeper cannot use his hands.

Laws of Association Football have outlawed the goalkeeper handling from 'any deliberate playing of the ball' from a team mate with the exception of headers. Nowhere does it mention the words 'back pass.'

Harsh, I know but thems the rules.

Personally, if I were a keeper in that situation I would make the save and hope the referee understands the game and allows me to do it. Worst case scenario is an inderect free kick where I line up all my outfield players on the line and charge the ball as soon as it's struck.

Laws of Association Football have outlawed the goalkeeper handling from 'any deliberate playing of the ball' from a team mate with the exception of headers. Nowhere does it mention the words 'back pass.'

Personally, if I were a keeper in that situation I would make the save and hope the referee understands the game and allows me to do it. Worst case scenario is an inderect free kick where I line up all my outfield players on the line and charge the ball as soon as it's struck.

I agree entirely.

You would still stop the ball.

Yes you might get a yellow card and you would give away an indirect free kick but seeing as that free kick would be from about 3 yards and you would have about 10 players on the goal line, they would be unlikely to score from it.

Pay attantion to "deliberate play", if defender want to clear the ball out, but his technique is not very well, and the ball fly to the goal, then keeper can use his hands

Pay attantion to "deliberate play", if defender want to clear the ball out, but his technique is not very well, and the ball fly to the goal, then keeper can use his hands

Exactly. A goalkeeper can handle the ball if it has been kicked by a member of his team, so long as that player's intention was not to pass it to the goalie.

the keeper can only use his hands when the ball is played to him with an intentional pass.... i don't think the pass was intentional in this case assuming the defender didn't shoot the ball into his own net on purpose... so the keeper could definitely handle the ball imo...

I think if defender's intention is to pass to the keeper, it is "deliberate play", Otherwise, it's not.

How to judge it is deliberate pass or just a clearance? If he is deliberate back pass, he won't use such a big power. He should pass a low ball instead of high ball.

I think if defender's intention is to pass to the keeper, it is "deliberate play", Otherwise, it's not.

How to judge it is deliberate pass or just a clearance? If he is deliberate back pass, he won't use such a big power. He should pass a low ball instead of high ball.

The referee doesn't have to judge whether a player is deliberately playing the ball to the keeper. He has to call if he is deliberately playing the ball.

The way he lashes it into the corner you can't say he accidentally plays it.

Some defenders are pretty awesome at this - Lee Dixon's perfectly-executed chip over David Seaman, for example.

Which we all know, if he had tried to do at the opposite end :p would of been a disaster!

The referee doesn't have to judge whether a player is deliberately playing the ball to the keeper. He has to call if he is deliberately playing the ball.

The way he lashes it into the corner you can't say he accidentally plays it.

I think your understanding about FIFA's law is wrong, referee must judge whether it is a deliberately pass

Clearing the ball and the ball fly to the goal will always happen in real life, more than 90% will not give a foul when keeper catches it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived