shirt sales.

Well i have seen somewere if u buy a really good player for your team you will recieve quite abit of cash on there shirt sales , ive just got beckham for leeds united , and nothin happend

he may not be the best in the world but cmon , when he went to madrid they made shitloads from shirt sales .

do i need to buy a better player? im only in championship in my 2nd season i cudnt get a better player if i tryed.

stevorobbo - Because he is a world star playing for their team?? Why would AC Milan supporters want to buy a shirt of a player on loan??

Leeds hate Man Utd and everything about them. Trust me im a Man Utd fan. they would HATE an ex red playing for them no matter who it was

As far as I know the shirt sales thing is based on the reputation of the player at time.

If Beckham signed for Leeds then there is quite a good chance his reputation has dropped a fair bit, if it was still world class then he wouldn't have signed, and it might have dropped low enough not to trigger a huge increase in shirt sales.

Hi,

I signed Beckham for Barcelona and didn't get a message about the shirt sales. A short time (like a couple of weeks) later I signed Ribery and got the message about "expected boost in shirt sales due to new signing".

So the feature is still in the game, but it seems like Mr. Beckham doesn't have the stature needed in order to trigger it. Maybe he's not that well known anymore? I don't know, but it seems like it's a matter of renown.

Hi,

I signed Beckham for Barcelona and didn't get a message about the shirt sales. A short time (like a couple of weeks) later I signed Ribery and got the message about "expected boost in shirt sales due to new signing".

So the feature is still in the game, but it seems like Mr. Beckham doesn't have the stature needed in order to trigger it. Maybe he's not that well known anymore? I don't know, but it seems like it's a matter of renown.

Beckham doesn't have the reputation anymore because when players move from club to club your reputation goes down unless you are known worldwide previously.

In real life Beckham would still give you good shirt sells as he is still realistically world renown. But the game has it's own take on this dynamic and it doesn't factor in certain things (like beckhams constant media attention or famous wife).

Wonder how many Michael Owen shirts are sold in the Old Trafford store. :D

After that goal against City i reckon they shifted a few more than expected.

But Beckham to Leeds should still have triggered some sort of increase in sales, come on it is the most capped outfield England player, ex-captain, played for 3 of the biggest clubs in the world and then goes to Leeds, surely despite his roots the fans wouldn't mind to have him in their team.

Even though Beckham is one of the most well-known players in the world, it is not only because of his skills as a football player but more likely because of his ability to promote himself through PR/commercials etc. - I don't assume that FM takes that into consideration, and they shouldn't. It's FOOTBALL Manager, not Football/PR Manager. Therefore, as a football player, Beckham does not have "boost of shirt sales" potential.

Archived