Football manager 2008 installation problem

Hey,

I'm trying to install FM08 on Win7 x64 bit. But once installed it says there were some errors with installation and i should check the "installation log for details".

Firstly, where is this log lol?

Secondly therefore the game starts up but it just comes up with a white screen and says "load last game" in a just readable grey. Could this be anything to do with a conflict with FM10 being installed also with disk via STEAM.

I've tried setting the setup as administrator and also gone to compatibility mode to put it to XP aswell as the game exe itself but it has made no difference!

HELP! I wanna play FM08.

I used to have it installed on this very laptop with Vista so it should work on this! And it runs FM10 perfectly so its not drivers etc they are up to date!

PS i just wanna re-live it so no comments sayin 10 is better!

I'm afraid FM08 is not officially supported to run on windows 7. Its worth maybe right clicking and using the compatibility options to see if that works :)

I know, but its not that different form Vista. I bet there is a solution. Well i kinda found 1 but haven't tried it because it doesn't make much sense?!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080510190857AAWUWzo

I can't be the only 1 thats tried to do this :(

BTW i mentioned already i've tried compatibility tab in properties.

Well looks like i won that one - SHOTGUN TO THE FACE

"I've finally learned the ways of the woman"

"Good work my friend!"

waynesworld.jpg

:D

Laptop wasn't reading the 'resources1.rar' on my laptop drive so used another drive on my PC downstairs, in a way i shall not mention to load it!

"GAME ON!!!!"

Archived