Help me! Luton or Man City...

Here's my problem:

I've led Luton Town out of the Conference and won the FA Trophy along the way. In my second season, we walked League 2 and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I've a great squad and I'm lining up some tasty looking players to replace those who will be leaving in the summer. I'm not sure if I can get another straight promotion, but I'm aiming for the playoffs at least.

However, Man City have just sacked Mark Hughes. They finished 9th in the EPL, losing in the FA Cup final. They have offered me the job, with an £86 million transfer kitty. I'm very tempted to go, but I feel that I still have a job to do at Luton.

So what would you do?

I am a Luton fan, but I have always intended to move clubs and eventually manage in the Premier. My two best ever FM games have involved coming up from the BSP/BSS and winning the Premiership with non-big 4 clubs. It will be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

So man city are offering the job to an unproven leauge 2 manager?

I would stay, the reason you started at the bottom must have been to work your way up.

I'm a Luton fan my self but for me I would take the City job because who knows when you may get an offer like that again

Here's my problem:

I've led Luton Town out of the Conference and won the FA Trophy along the way. In my second season, we walked League 2 and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. I've a great squad and I'm lining up some tasty looking players to replace those who will be leaving in the summer. I'm not sure if I can get another straight promotion, but I'm aiming for the playoffs at least.

However, Man City have just sacked Mark Hughes. They finished 9th in the EPL, losing in the FA Cup final. They have offered me the job, with an £86 million transfer kitty. I'm very tempted to go, but I feel that I still have a job to do at Luton.

So what would you do?

I am a Luton fan, but I have always intended to move clubs and eventually manage in the Premier. My two best ever FM games have involved coming up from the BSP/BSS and winning the Premiership with non-big 4 clubs. It will be interesting to hear people's thoughts.

Like bean said you could save. I'm currently playing a Man City save. Usually I go for journeyman or LLM, but wanted to build an unbeatable team with all the cash. In my 3rd season we have only lost 1 match through December in all competitions, and undefeated in the PL.

I take it you had International player past experience to get a job that high up :eek:

Either way, I would stick it out with Luton :) No better feeling than getting a team from the Conference into the Prem :D

Like bean said you could save. I'm currently playing a Man City save. Usually I go for journeyman or LLM, but wanted to build an unbeatable team with all the cash. In my 3rd season we have only lost 1 match through December in all competitions, and undefeated in the PL.

I went 72 games unbeaten in the league for Man City :cool:

Do this:

save before making a decision and make a copy of that save, then stay at Luton and try to pursue whatever goal you had in mind when you started the game.

THEN, when you've achieved it, or when you get sacked/bored, just fetch the old savegame and jump ship to City.

I take it you had International player past experience to get a job that high up :eek:

Either way, I would stick it out with Luton :) No better feeling than getting a team from the Conference into the Prem :D

I went 72 games unbeaten in the league for Man City :cool:

I started as a professional footballer. I've never used the International player option as buying and signing players become too easy.

Archived