I'll tell you what is getting my goat at the moment. Non specific whinges and moans about FM08.

The LLM forum has a thread like this that stops a lot of moaning and whinging threads being opened on a whim.

Rather that creating a whole new thread for your whinge, feel free to off-load in here, where other whinging moaners, (like myself), can sympathise with you.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The LLM forum has a thread like this that stops a lot of moaning and whinging threads being opened on a whim.

Rather that creating a whole new thread for your whinge, feel free to off-load in here, where other whinging moaners, (like myself), can sympathise with you.

No wins in 12 games!

This drought has started me asking existential questions like:

- Am I really this bad?

- Should I go back to FM07?

- Will the final patch give me the FM experience I crave?

- If the smart cache sounds play when no one is around, does it still make sound?

- Does a bear relieve itself in the woods? and if so, does it know how to effectively use a 442 counterattacking style?

- Is the pope catholic? If so, how does he feel about punishing GK's who find themselves in midfield at the start of the second half?

- If train A leaves station B at 60km pr hour, how long will it take before it gets fired for overachieving?

I doubt very much that this will curb the amount of "ZOMFG!!11!!!eleventy! I lost a match / my star striker is injared (sic)/ the game cheats" style posts, but I'm willing to lend my support to the idea anyway.

What's getting my goat? An inability to keep a lead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bodis:

No wins in 12 games!

This drought has started me asking existential questions like:

- Am I really this bad?

- Should I go back to FM07?

- Will the final patch give me the FM experience I crave?

- If the smart cache sounds play when no one is around, does it still make sound?

- Does a bear relieve itself in the woods? and if so, does it know how to effectively use a 442 counterattacking style?

- Is the pope catholic? If so, how does he feel about punishing GK's who find themselves in midfield at the start of the second half?

- If train A leaves station B at 60km pr hour, how long will it take before it gets fired for overachieving? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol icon_biggrin.gif

I'm annoyed at how the game always places my team against a team in form for almost every game!

Because I'm in Conference South, my Reserves and U18's don't have any fixtures.

I am too lazy to go through the whole of the season and create a friendly between the 2 on a weekly basis, so instead I did the first montha dn then thought, "I'll just do it a month at a time when I get the end of month award news items".

Well I'm in November now and I don't think I've remembered once. Most of the time I don't remember until the middle of the month, by which time they haven't played for 2 weeks, and 1 month I forgot completely.

Despite that, I still have only done the fixtures dor November. Will I ever learn icon_rolleyes.gif?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Will I ever learn ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then again, who does? icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Icelander83:

Then again, who does? icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then again who does is the answer to the question "too bad she wont live".

What do I win ? icon_smile.gif

my moan is thus:

ive worked bloody hard on my tactics, i outplay EVERY team home and away, yet owen and martins couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo!! and they have their own training which is high in shooting, and all the usual anal things ya do to get yer team winning, FM aint having it, its pure guesswork sometimes, annoying to the max!

obi

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ]steffelliott[:

There really should be an edit button on these forums!

I don't like the post-match analysis. The guy always picks the best stats wise player regardless of how well he plays. Rooney plays at a 6, Gerrard at a 9. But Rooney gets his vote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He picks it before the game and reports on the same player afterwards.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Because I'm in Conference South, my Reserves and U18's don't have any fixtures.

I am too lazy to go through the whole of the season and create a friendly between the 2 on a weekly basis, so instead I did the first montha dn then thought, "I'll just do it a month at a time when I get the end of month award news items".

Well I'm in November now and I don't think I've remembered once. Most of the time I don't remember until the middle of the month, by which time they haven't played for 2 weeks, and 1 month I forgot completely.

Despite that, I still have only done the fixtures dor November. Will I ever learn icon_rolleyes.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always take the time to create the fixtures as far in advance as i can go. Then whenever i remember, there are usually 4 or 5 matches left and i can add several more.

For the sake of comparison, i make my U18s play other non league U18 teams as well as local unplayable U18s (trying to keep it realistic). Those matches are on Sundays because a lot of teams seem unavailable on Saturdays.

The reserves team plays the FIRST team of unplayable clubs, mostly local. Those matches are on Tuesdays so that players gaining fitness from my first team can play and recover in time for the first team's Saturday fixture.

I think I've noticed a pattern in the attendances. If I win before a home game, it tends to be quite high. 600+. If I lose before it, we're looking at 150 to 200 people, regardless of how big the other team's following should be.

This needs addressing, I think.

The goals problem, I'm unsure why this happens. My goalkeeper makes plenty of saves. My defenders seem a little ropey but maybe there's just too many chances in games. Not certain how to fix that issue.

I find this forum very uplifting, full of good humored critique and sympathetic to the developers problems.

I always sleep better after reading a few threads on here icon_smile.gif

What's getting my goat is starting the season with minus 20 points and drawing match after match.

This season just aint gonna be long enough icon_eek.gif

Great thread to vent in icon_wink.gif

For all the season Arsenal just refuse to lose, with one loss from 12 infuriatingly keeping them 1 point ahead of me.

I face them at the Emirates.

Most important match of my career.

I have 3 times as many shots on target.

Terry and Pizarro miss absolute sitters.

Arsenal go 2-0 up with their first and second shots.

Lehmann is Man of the Match.

'Lehmann put on a goalkeeping clinic today!'

'Chelsea should have won this!'

If all the times we could have been unlucky, why did we have to be unlucky against them?

GAHHHH!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Did you see what I did there icon_wink.gif? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've been reduced to moaning about the moaners! I'm not sure if this is a step in the right direction or not icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I find this forum very uplifting, full of good humored critique and sympathetic to the developers problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am forced to believe that this was a sarcastic post of the worse order matey.

That is what is really bugging me, the 10+ age group who feel it's fine to come on the boards and slag of the game, developers, fans etc etc, simply because they can. I don't know what's happened to respect but it doesn't wave a big flag on these forums any more.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranson52:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I find this forum very uplifting, full of good humored critique and sympathetic to the developers problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am forced to believe that this was a sarcastic post of the worse order matey.

That is what is really bugging me, the 10+ age group who feel it's fine to come on the boards and slag of the game, developers, fans etc etc, simply because they can. I don't know what's happened to respect but it doesn't wave a big flag on these forums any more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should do an awful lot of reading rather quickly, you missed the point by several goal widths icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Burscoughnian:

I think I've noticed a pattern in the attendances. If I win before a home game, it tends to be quite high. 600+. If I lose before it, we're looking at 150 to 200 people, regardless of how big the other team's following should be.

This needs addressing, I think.

The goals problem, I'm unsure why this happens. My goalkeeper makes plenty of saves. My defenders seem a little ropey but maybe there's just too many chances in games. Not certain how to fix that issue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm quite interested in this post. I did the research for Burscough and it's one of the clubs at the lower end of the scale when comparing min / max / average attendance fluctuations.

As for the far too many goals problem, it makes the game unplayable in my opinion. Reading other posts on the forums it seems that the lower leagues are hardest hit by this. Hopefully it will be sorted for the patch, whenever that may be.

Ok, I've thought of one.

I'll tell you what is getting my goat at the moment! The board selling a player over my head and then the team slating me for lack of ambition.

Another thing, putting the ball into an empty net to go 1-0 up, having it ruled out as the game has to be pulled back for a penalty instead (according to the dumbass ref who won't play advantage for s**ts or giggles) then watching my top goal scorer happily going about his business of missing it (7th penalty miss in a row). To make it worse, the opposition breaks away with a long ball after the penalty save and score a goal from it that my entire team thought was offside - I stick up for them saying they got the decision wrong after the match and get a touchline ban. All this stemming from when I actually should have gone 1-0 up.

I actually made a joke about something like this potentially happening a couple of weeks ago, didn't expect it to come back and bite me in the a** with poisonous fang teeth that smell of BO.

I'm not bitter.

I hate:

1. Defenders that just refuses to close down ai wingers

2. My goalie that insist on playing the ball up the field when told not to

3. Telling a midfielder to tightmark a playmaker - just to watch him go wide and forget his duties

4. My strikers trying to score from the byline

5. My strikers not going into the box, no matter what

6. Waterlogged(??) pitches that destroys my shortpassing game

7. Throw-ins in own half going directly to the opponents

8. SI for ruining the chance I had at passing the last test I did at Uni. Now I have to do it againicon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ranson52:

Kriss - no I didn't mate, I am agreeing with your initial comments if you read what I said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So sorry, I'm not used to people agreeing with me, been married too long icon_biggrin.gif

Same for me mate, and yet you have Utopia as your location icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That probably means that his Missus occasionally reads what is on the screen over his shoulder.

Rule 1 of relationships - take all measures to avoid arguements with the significant other. You will never win, you will never admit to yourself that you lost and thus will drive yourself insane knowing that they will eventually somehow get you to apologise anyway. It's just easier to humour them before it starts.

Unfortunately my goat was stolen back in the early days of FM07. I to this day still believe it was taken by my sorry excuse for a striker after i suggested in the dressing room post match that said goat would be replacing him up front in the following match

The one thing that gets my goat more than any other, is that the game is claseed as "playable".

In game 1, I encountered the attendance bug and the better I did, the fewer people turned up at my matches, forcing me into debt and then administration.

In game 2, I didn't encounter this and flew to promotion in my first season. Unfortunately, the board didn't seem to recognise this and I was not offered a new contract when my original one expired.

The game is playable icon_confused.gif??????

Its got to be the huge transfer fees of players, ok SI are to mimic real life but in game currently they do NOT mimic real life. Yesterday i saw a bid for a newcastle reserve player for 15m from reading. Is this real life SI? i think not and hope its addressed for the patch.

I have to agree with Jim that there are a few issues that make the game not playable. If playable means the game works, and you can do most things, then thats correct. If its in relation to working the way it should be then no it does not.

What's getting my goat is the fact that I haven't got the heart to start a challenging, lower league game because I don't want it to be ruined by the attendance or board confidence bugs mentioned by Jimbo.

Because of this I'm already bored of my Premier League game and currently find myself spending nights watching 'telly' with the missus (and anyone who's missus watches the same kind of crap that mine does will know how bad this is. I don't know what that is that they watch, but it ain't telly).

""yes, si is so lazy!!!!!!!

how would you explain that toni's wage is 10,000 at bayern and jankulovski earns 3700 at milan for years(exactly the same amount as he earned in Udiness, this is not his 1st year at Milan, isn't it?!!!). you people spent a whole year working hard on the game,as you said, and let's see what you have brought us. i feel like i just spent my money buying a new patch of cm0102,even worse than that...

so i hope u do not explain by ur words again but by your action...""

Another bug no?,,,you lazy lazy SI...grrricon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

How Motherwell's Clarkson has rotten stats but consistently puts 3 by me.

Scenario 1: Took my save game onto my old comp which runs really slow. I got beat 2-1 by Motherwell (Clarkson go two) then drew with Rangers. My game then wouldn't let me pick my side against Celtic (due to the lag) and I kciked the PC. It broke it and I lost that great result against Rangers.

Scenario 2: I lost 3-1 to Motherwell (back on new PC) with Clarkson getting all 3 of Motherwell's goals and as I started the Rangers game I got the BSOD. I wasn't too sad about losing that game. :p

Scenario 3: Just lost 6-4 to Motherwell with Clarkson netting another 3. I'm praying for a BSOD but that was the 1st in months so I won't hold my breath lol.

No matter what I do he bags loads of goals into me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ]steffelliott[:

There really should be an edit button on these forums!

I don't like the post-match analysis. The guy always picks the best stats wise player regardless of how well he plays. Rooney plays at a 6, Gerrard at a 9. But Rooney gets his vote. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually the player is picked in the pre-match build-up :p

Archived