Cruciate ligaments injury

i was wondering if a player suffers damaged Cruciate ligaments will that hinder there performance for the rest of that game cause people who suffer Cruciate ligaments injurys often return a lesser player ie they are not a quck, sharp and so on

i had a dutch player on an old CM game. he was the best winger i had till he got a cruciate ligament injury, 9 months later he got a recurrence in his very first match back and was out for another 16 months. his stats became extremely average. not sure if it's the same thing in fm08, players stats usually plummet only to go up again after a few weeks/a month of training.

Whereas I don't have concrete evidence of my claims my general feeling is that certain severe injuries will have a lasting effect on a player's career.

An example of a former wonderkid striker: He was on course the become world-class but broke his thighbone at the age of 21 (labeled 'explosive striker'). He returned to fitness the following season. While still showing glimpses of greatness, now 5 years later, he has never managed to reach his former speed and agility (he is just labeled 'striker'). I'm certain that he won't progress beyond the decent-but-not-spectacular stage.

Unless the player is really significant to the rest of the team my policy is to unload players, who have suffered these massive injuries. Let someone else carry the risk. The world is brutal and so am I.

Big injuries can damage PA.

But I think that the main cause of players in FM losing their pace etc is that they miss out on so much training that their stats often get worse. I suppose with training dedicated to getting certain stats up may get him back to his best.

Archived