Financial Trouble With Chelsea

Okay I'm halfway through the second season with Chelsea. I am having financial difficulty. Last month we made a loss of £10 million. I am now £13 million in debt. It looks like it will get worse.

Now if this keeps getting worse will I go into administration and be docked points?

Will Abramovich pump more money into the club?

Or will the club get taken over?

Which is the most likely option and is the only way to recover all that money, to sell players?

you often make a loss in-season and then get lots back at the end with league prize money and cl tv money, just be sensible with your finances, nothing drastic needed. make sure contracts, signing on fees, bonuses and transfer fees have a personal limit you restrict on it, and dont go over it.

depends on how much your in debt! He pumped upto £100m on my save. But usually between £80-£90m at the start of the season. But be aware usually around season 5 or 6 he stops and you need to try and keep it in the black as much as possible which is not easy

I've seen Roman sell Chelsea and the result hasn't been pretty, but also not too drastic. Hovering around 15th for a few seasons, they have now rebuilt into a top 6 side. They are still nowhere near what they once were though.

I wonder of Man Utd's situation will be made worse in FM? Especially as its been announced their holding company (the owners basically) are now over £700 million in debt.

Roman clears the debt at end of season and i had nearly 45 million budget every year but i did win the league 6 seasons running could'nt quite conquer europe though despite getting to 3 finals

my budget was normally £100m+ but i did win the league and nearly every champs league too. And plus i didnt spend millions and millions on players

I've seen Roman sell Chelsea and the result hasn't been pretty, but also not too drastic. Hovering around 15th for a few seasons, they have now rebuilt into a top 6 side. They are still nowhere near what they once were though.

I wonder of Man Utd's situation will be made worse in FM? Especially as its been announced their holding company (the owners basically) are now over £700 million in debt.

What season was that? I'm in season 10 or 11 and he's still loves the club

What season was that? I'm in season 10 or 11 and he's still loves the club

2019 ish. It was on a holiday save. It might not happen in your save though. Best bet is to have a look in the Chelsea thread in the GPTG. You may get a better idea of timescales or frequency of it happening in there.

Finances in FM are absolutely brutal.

I do not know if it truly reflects the situation in the real world, but in one game, 5 seasons in - almost every single club in the World is "insecure" or "okay" and I have not edited finances in any way!

In my game - Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all listed "insecure" - while only Man City is "rich". My West ham, despite spending only half of the wage budget and spending only 8 mil pounds on players, is now 11 million in the red.

Finances in FM are absolutely brutal.

I do not know if it truly reflects the situation in the real world, but in one game, 5 seasons in - almost every single club in the World is "insecure" or "okay" and I have not edited finances in any way!

In my game - Liverpool, Man United, Arsenal and Chelsea are all listed "insecure" - while only Man City is "rich". My West ham, despite spending only half of the wage budget and spending only 8 mil pounds on players, is now 11 million in the red.

It is usual for teams to run through a season at a loss only to make it up in prize money at the end of the season. It's up to you to minimize the losses to ensure long term stability.

My aim is always to look at the finances and what they are just before changeover date, then improve on them for next year. So say i have £60 million on that date, anything higher than that on the same date next year is a success. As long as i'm doing that, i'm not overly concerned about making small losses throughout the season.

i have read a lot of times that abramovich stops putting money in the club. tbh u need 2 get the club in a strong enough position as you can before he stops putting in. im sure you can make money as chelsea but u need 2 b winning everything. very hard

Archived