FM11 - ideas \ requests based on your FM series experience

Hi all.

Like the title says this thread is intended for discussion what you think should be FM11 giving your perspective on your FM series experiences while playing their FM series and what you would like to see in FM11 and you free to comment on other posts, but keep it mature.

For you that saying "now a thread about FM11? it is long way to go". I would say yes you have point, but the thing is after patch 10.3 is released, if they haven't already SI are starting to plan for FM11, so I think it's the perfect time to show SI our view, ideas and requests.

I will start.

- The key for fun, and challenge resumes basically to the ME, Transfer System and AI Management.

If the players do what they are supposed to do, many of the problems and flame wars would be over. One of such examples would be defenders. If defenders did their job, there was no need for a lot of one on ones and super GK and the results would enter into a normal form instead of goal galore or not scoring. If the ME is balanced and is realistic (the one of the few that I ask to be real), also Transfers and AI management need to be balanced and realistic.

With these three features being as realistic as possible (i mean with Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Man United and others hired good players and potential new kids and use them in their team or develop them, but keeping long career players in the team until they retire. Not saying they can't be bought by player managers, what I'm saying is that shouldn't be dispatched like it is dead wood. They might not be players they once where but their experience can be still be used as backup player and can make a difference in the last few minutes in the game.

- UI should be simplistic

My main criticism since FM08 was the lack of simplicity in theuser interface. The most imminent and well know among these is having four different screens \ windows of news, while personally all of them should be in the the Inbox screen. Simplicity makes the users pass those periods between games faster and getting the right information.

The same goes for graphics. Have you ever heard "A Picture is worth a thousand words."? That should be the main philosophy to make things simplistic.

And for God sake if you picked a size of player picture then remain that size for the entire game.

Press Conferences should be removed completely and the old system of one question and choose your answer is less boring and rapid to pass through.

PS: I would like for Si to implement the option of having in the subs. What i mean is I would like for the time to stop altogether like it was until FM08.

Option to remove press conferences to save me no commenting just about everything.

What happens when you continually say 'no comment'? I'd like to try that approach but I just can't help myself. I swear and storm out :D

What happens when you continually say 'no comment'? I'd like to try that approach but I just can't help myself. I swear and storm out :D

Nothing really, its just says i was grumpy i think.

I've never stormed out actually maybe i should just start doing that on the 1st question.

I disagree with you about the press conferences. They are a major part of the footballing world, before and after games, and need to be in there. I would say that they need to add alot more variation in the questions though.

I disagree with you about the press conferences. They are a major part of the footballing world, before and after games, and need to be in there. I would say that they need to add alot more variation in the questions though.

I know its realistic but it takes a lot of the fun factor out the game i think. Always having to answer the same old questions.

- Improved player interaction. I want to tell my players i can't afford their insane wages for example. Obviously all interaction should be slightly improved.

- 3D Should be slightly improved but not too bothered as i use 2D

- A few more -10's would be nice.

- Selling players for lower clubs should be easier.

- Norwich's stats should be improved. Grant Holt with 14 strength!

Will probably think of more as i play but thats it for now.

I don't deny that Press Conferences are realistic, but they are boring in real life and so they will be boring in the game.

Also in FM10 SI said they add more variation in the questions and it still is boring.

Guest El Payaso

I've been really dissapointed with FM10 so far and I don't think that one patch could make any more than okay game. The fact is that instead of some new features SI should have concentrated improving the main things that have made the game as good as it is.

Match Engine. It's actually pretty bad this year. You can play attractive and sexy football pretty much with any team as long as your team is better than the opposition. Being better doesn't make players with 11 passing and creativity being able to play like Césc Fabregas.

I've found it impossible to play in unique style. If your tactics don't work, your players make stupid things like kicking the ball out of the pitch when having a chance to launch a counter attack. When it works, even worst players make magical passes and crosses. This is just stupid, have to say.

In FM07 and 08 you really could have an unique style of play and that is something that I miss a lot. Sometimes your defence works very well but your attack doesn't find spaces to score. Tweaking tweaking tweaking, that used to be key thing of success when the game was at it's top.

You also had to have certain types of players to make things work. Some players just don't fit into your tactics or to the country. This feature seems to be removed...

Defending has been mentioned but almost as big thing is the role of midfield in successive defending. Look how Essien helps Chelsea's defence IRL he's crucial player and one of the best in his role. Against Barcelona in UCL last spring he made one mistake and Barca scored the goal which lead them to the Final. Think about that. In FM I've only seen def mids who play with 6,9-7,2 AvR because the match engine doesn't let them do their job. The job is to cut down opposition's attacks by reading the game really well. Interceptions and beautiful tackles are both missing widely in edge of 16-yard-area.

Transfers. IRL why English teams prefer certain type of players? Because the league has certain style of play, it's physical and fast tempo league. That's why players like Aimar, Riquelme and so on have never been playing there. Even though they're all great players it would be risk because they would not necessarily fit into the league and could suffer bad injuries because of their playing style.

Guest El Payaso

I would personally like to see "opposition instructions" deleted. It's a fact that in football, teams try to play "their own game and not concentrate too much about how the opposition plays". If you want to tight mark and tackle hard the opposition's AMC, you should be able to do it in the tactics screen. Just put the DM to man mark him and tick tight marking and set the tackling to 'hard'. In tactics screen man marking should open more options, like: "show onto foot" where you could set specific player show opposition onto their weaker foot...

I've been really dissapointed with FM10 so far and I don't think that one patch could make any more than okay game. The fact is that instead of some new features SI should have concentrated improving the main things that have made the game as good as it is.

Match Engine. It's actually pretty bad this year. You can play attractive and sexy football pretty much with any team as long as your team is better than the opposition. Being better doesn't make players with 11 passing and creativity being able to play like Césc Fabregas.

I've found it impossible to play in unique style. If your tactics don't work, your players make stupid things like kicking the ball out of the pitch when having a chance to launch a counter attack. When it works, even worst players make magical passes and crosses. This is just stupid, have to say.

In FM07 and 08 you really could have an unique style of play and that is something that I miss a lot. Sometimes your defence works very well but your attack doesn't find spaces to score. Tweaking tweaking tweaking, that used to be key thing of success when the game was at it's top.

You also had to have certain types of players to make things work. Some players just don't fit into your tactics or to the country. This feature seems to be removed...

Defending has been mentioned but almost as big thing is the role of midfield in successive defending. Look how Essien helps Chelsea's defence IRL he's crucial player and one of the best in his role. Against Barcelona in UCL last spring he made one mistake and Barca scored the goal which lead them to the Final. Think about that. In FM I've only seen def mids who play with 6,9-7,2 AvR because the match engine doesn't let them do their job. The job is to cut down opposition's attacks by reading the game really well. Interceptions and beautiful tackles are both missing widely in edge of 16-yard-area.

Transfers. IRL why English teams prefer certain type of players? Because the league has certain style of play, it's physical and fast tempo league. That's why players like Aimar, Riquelme and so on have never been playing there. Even though they're all great players it would be risk because they would not necessarily fit into the league and could suffer bad injuries because of their playing style.

Great post. Sums it up for me!

I hate the tactics creator i just want good old football manager 08 engine and tactics where everyone was coming up with there own ways to win and not getting fm to do it for you

its the media side of the game i would like to see improved. i will just give a few examples tho im sure people will be able to name many more.

i recently left weymouth after i had won 4 promotions and the JP trophy. the article is on the lines of ' manager has resigned as manager of weymouth. it is believed otha manager is being lined up to take over'. not being funny here but after what i have achieved i should be reading a sort of history article on what i did for the club. not a mention on anything i did at all.

next 1. ' manager is to set to come across an old face in whatever player when whichever 2 teams meet in the next game'. now i dont mind this now and again. but i remember selling n'zogbia in 1 game and i then came up against his side 4 times in the next season. do i need to be asked this everytime we play???

press conferences. is there only about 12 questions that u can be asked? im at the stage where i already know the answer before i read the question! there is 1 question that does bug me tho. ' who do u intend to use to mark whoever?'. i look and my choice isn't there so i put 'none of the below'. i then get accused of not giving a proper answer! yes i have, its nobody who u have suggested!

I request Sunderland players to not be so criminally underrated, this is the 3rd game in a row, beyond a joke now.

You sure we're underrated?

We're not exactly covering ourselves in glory with our current league form at the moment. Today, we got beat 2-1 by a Portsmouth side who couldn't even field a full substitutes bench!

There is only one feature I want introduced - Reward the team with the greater number of CCC more. Or more specifically, reward the human controlled team the same way you would the AI controlled team, because the bias towards the the computer is unreal.

Archived