How to detect playing style/shape of your team?

IDK is it really tactical question,someone can say how to detect which style would be much prefer for my team?

Someone can say how to detect what style/shape? I think it need look at attributes,so how to analyze them,overall all team stats,when to play fast?when direct? when much closing down? when both flangs,when threw the middle ? someone can answer to my question or just give short tutorial/guide?

How to know which style of my team is best? how to know what? if i will start with team which i don't know and any players i don't know,how i can know how they will play the best? how to know which style and formation will suit them best... whats my question.

Formation: look at what players you have. If you have no wingers, don't play with wingers. Don't be afraid to have a slightly lopsided formation.

If you have good passers you can try a direct play. Listen to your assistant's advice during the games - he usually has some good pointers.

Play attacking if your attackers are good. Counter can be deadly with a good defence and quick strikers.

Yeah if you have good passers I though a short passing style would be better.

For any starters I would suggest have two tactics - 442 Attacking against easy teams & 442 counter against middle teams and 44 Def against hard.

Simple I know but it can be effective.

I always thought a better passing attribute would benefit a direct passing style. At Utrecht I had a DC who had 7 or so for passing, and I instructed him to play it safe and just give a simple low pass to the nearest player. I have a player with 20 for passing now at Inter and he's free to do what he wants.

For me, it's always been bad passer = short passer, good passer = direct passer.

I'm not a good passer myself so I always look for the nearby option, let someone else have a go with it.

but it is worth to create many tactics ? some players have great success with one tactic,but who is better? i know every opposition playing different style and formation. Now have another one question,how to detect how playing Opposition ? i know you can look at report's,backroom advice but is worth to look at my opposition players and them stats,how to kill opposition best players ?

I think if you have a strong team and a strong tactic you won't have to adapt to anyone. I played all my matches with a 3-4-3 formation last season and I won the CL and came third in Italy. Currently unbeated in the league and won the European Super Cup.

The thing with Football Manager is that there's no one guaranteed road to victory. Much like in real life, you will have to adapt your tactics to your team (or, if you have a lot of money, your team to your tactics). Trial and error is important.

I've found that if I have success with one tactic it won't last for more than a season. Second season syndrome is a big problem when you use one tactic. The AI catches on after about a season and finds ways to break your tactic.

I'm half-way through my 13th season at Barca, same tactic, with 0 changes. 9 leagues, 7 CLs, and 6 Spanish Cups later. "Second Season Syndrome" doesn't seem to exist. In fact outside from a few rotation players, none of the team I have right now was there for my first few seasons. This is the same tactic that I made in 10.1 and have played through 10.2 with it.

I'm half-way through my 13th season at Barca, same tactic, with 0 changes. 9 leagues, 7 CLs, and 6 Spanish Cups later. "Second Season Syndrome" doesn't seem to exist. In fact outside from a few rotation players, none of the team I have right now was there for my first few seasons. This is the same tactic that I made in 10.1 and have played through 10.2 with it.

What formation do you play?

• 2 weeks later...

Second, third, 4th season syndromes are a part of the games; especially when the likes of smaller teams *when you are topping the table start to adopt a tactic similar to thy own. This sometimes makes me look and think my tactic is a pile of poo

Archived