best formation?

ive played a season and a half with Aston Villa now and i cant seem to get a formation sorted that works well.

i started with the 4-5-1, with two wingers supporting the lone striker.

then switched to 4-5-1 with the lone striker again, but this time with one of the 3 central midfielders pushed up to just behind the striker (Van Der Vaart works well with that one)

then that wasnt working very well so switched to basic 4-4-2 with wingers, which didnt work at all

then tried 3-5-2 with an attaking mid behind two stikers but that was to open! now back to 4-5-1 again :p

Any great formations that you have found?

Dom :D

i have van der vaart, rakitic, arteta, milner, delph, sidwell, matic, di maria, petrov, beckham, just about to sign poulsen. those are my midfielders

strikers are agbonlahor, carew, ronaldo, van nistlerooy, owen, delphouneso

defenders are the same as they were at the start, but i have maxwell and burdisso instead of cuellar and warnock.

any ideas? :D

Dom

Go to the tactics forum, but for the love of God don't post a thread like this - it'll be instantly locked.

Look around at the plug and play tactics and download what one you like the best look of.

At the moment, Mr. Hough's tactics are great, as is Crazy Paving v5 and the 3-4-3 Ajax formation from Zico.

I have settled on a 4-1-3-2 attacking, after trying 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-2-1 over 5 seasons. I use no width or wide midfielders just 3 quality mids and one anchor man. I call it the trinity as the 3 midfielders I have seem to battle it out for MotM nearly every game. The 3 midfield players are, Central mid att, ball winning mid support and playmaker attack. One striker is a Trequatista and the other is a supporting target man. Always click on the player position in your tactic to see if his stats are good for the position you're giving him, its very important that you have to have the right players with the right stats for the specific positions.

Also half time team talks are important. Look at player confidence and if its OK tell them you have faith. If they are playing well don't say anything, ie None. If playing poorly its either have faith, expect better. Also saying nothing after a good win keeps them on their toes.

I have settled on a 4-1-3-2 attacking, after trying 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-1-4-1 and 4-3-2-1 over 5 seasons. I use no width or wide midfielders just 3 quality mids and one anchor man. I call it the trinity as the 3 midfielders I have seem to battle it out for MotM nearly every game. The 3 midfield players are, Central mid att, ball winning mid support and playmaker attack. One striker is a Trequatista and the other is a supporting target man. Always click on the player position in your tactic to see if his stats are good for the position you're giving him, its very important that you have to have the right players with the right stats for the specific positions.

Also half time team talks are important. Look at player confidence and if its OK tell them you have faith. If they are playing well don't say anything, ie None. If playing poorly its either have faith, expect better. Also saying nothing after a good win keeps them on their toes.

bushdoc, please check your PMs mate.

Archived