Weird Man of the Match

I've also experienced this, albeit while playing FM2009. The opposition GK got MOM despite conceding four. What was however even more interesting was that he blocked a whopping TWO shots and rushed out incorrectly for one of the goals. It doesn't bother me however, as it's not happening often and quite frankly it has also happened in real life with about the same frequency as it happens in FM.

Can you give us a screenshot of the match stats please? If the other team had a ton of shots on goal and he only let one in he could easily win MOTM.

Yeah, I'll post them when I get home.

I wouldn't think it was weird if he wasn't the player charged with an own goal; usually, getting an own goal screws your match rating up something fierce. Since he's been hit with it, and Thun only lost by that goal, it would stand to reason that he couldn't be man of the match.

I was Grasshoppers, and he had a hell of a game; I should've beaten them by more. I just thought it was a bit odd.

I see you have really interesting choice of players, I've managed Rafael and Opare myself at NK Dinamo, and don't sell Opare at all costs he'll be a hell of a player later. I had to sell him, he was unhappy at me constantly rejecting transfer bids for him. bought him for 180K and sold him for 14M+50% of next sale+arrange friendly to Juventus.

Not all own-goals are deserved, or even the keeper's fault. I believe it was Everton who was playing at Stamford Bridge when Cech was credited with an own-goal that he could do nothing about. He dove for a shot and it hit the post, came back to hit him (still airborne) and went in. If the shot was more to the left, Cech saves it. If the shot is more to the right, it missed the net completely. Nothing he could do.

I see you have really interesting choice of players, I've managed Rafael and Opare myself at NK Dinamo, and don't sell Opare at all costs he'll be a hell of a player later. I had to sell him, he was unhappy at me constantly rejecting transfer bids for him. bought him for 180K and sold him for 14M+50% of next sale+arrange friendly to Juventus.

Rafael's fantastic; he's only on the bench because this game should've been a blow out and I wanted to give what's-his-name some game time experience. Really, most of this squad was like that (which might be why I couldn't score).

Opare's a new signing; this game's in like March 2013, I picked him up a couple months ago.

Archived