youth academy!

Hi,

for 2011 lol, of the great football manager, i think a great addition would be youth academy's!

You ask your board to build a youth academy i.e. in france, spain or where ever........... for each academy you can set it to concentrate on certain aspects, i.e. skills, defending, and so on.... think it would expand the game more........ fifa manager has this and it works great, this is what is missing in the football manager series, i think..........

any one think the same?

these are a feature already

if you have the money, and your youth facilities are good, the board will build one.

or you can put one in yourself quite easily with the editor

yeah it upgrades the academy, but you dont get the option to decide what country you want to put ur academy school so to speak

I think glen hoddle should sell his judging by the quality that comes out of his in my game. I don't think I've seen any become pros. I think they all give up hope after the 10 -0 tonking they get of me every preseason.

david beckham hads a couple and glenn hoddle and i think kevin keegan.

David Beckam's two seem to be more of a money making organisation rum by AEG than an actual academy, and the one in London looks lie it is being closed down. Hoddle's one is more for young professionals who have been released by their clubs, and is more of a shop window than an actual player development enterprise. I assume with Keegan you are talking about his Soccer Circus which is a theme park and not an academy. Any academy is going to be mainly local based, esecially with the new transfer laws prohibiting U-18's moving out of their native country. Also why pay millions to set up a developement programme when you can let some other sap do it and then poach their best players.

Also it would be cool to have the possibility of setting up Youth Football Schools - which I know the big clubs IRL do, like for example Liverpool with their foreign football schools every summer.

The gain of arranging these schools would be to get access to lots of young players - which would be unavailable if the club didn't arrange the school.

Basically anything new in regards to the youth part of the game would be cool imho. I love that part of the game - finding a young player, buying him and seeing him develop into a superstar. :)

Archived