FC in ST

In reality, FC's are generally players that are adept at playing "in the hole" behind a more advanced striking partner.

Rooney is an ideal example of a FC.

They don't necessarily have to play in the AMC position - they are perfectly suited for a Deep Lying Forward or Complete Forward role.

How is it not answering your question?

They don't play different, but they can play different if you choose to use them in a certain way.

I could play him leftback and I'm sure he'll play in a different way.

I'm on about in the same position with the same instructions as a player who is an ST. As I've noticed in my game that they play differently with the same instructions.

My best guess would be:

FC = High free role stat = presuming you've given him a decent amount of creative freedom means he'll look for space perhaps more.

Basically this. :thup:

Your FC probably has better movement when set to 'roam from position' than a normal ST due to his high free role attribute. This makes him drop deeper and move around more compared to your STs. That would be my best guess.

This is funny :D

Of course, no. A FC should play the same way a SC does when being on the same instructions. Are you sure that they are playing differently? As this is ME interpretation, I'm not sure there is an issue at all and I wonder how one would try to judge any difference there in the first place. Surely there's hardly an objective way to do this.

On top of that, you should give an FC different instructions anyway to take advantage of hiss high free role stat :p

I figured since you asked the original question we had to go back to football 101. If you are asking the question of do different human beings behave diiferently even when standing in the same spot, the answer is yes.

he he. this made me giggle :D

I figured since you asked the original question we had to go back to football 101. If you are asking the question of do different human beings behave diiferently even when standing in the same spot, the answer is yes.

I figured since you didn't answer the question, and still don't seem to understand the question I will rightly take the mick out of you.

Basically this. :thup:

Your FC probably has better movement when set to 'roam from position' than a normal ST due to his high free role attribute. This makes him drop deeper and move around more compared to your STs. That would be my best guess.

I don't have free role on for the position in question, although creative freedom is maxed out.

Of course, no. A FC should play the same way a SC does when being on the same instructions. Are you sure that they are playing differently?

As you say it's open to observation, it's a bit statistically difficult to quantify the difference, but as I watch all 90 minutes of my matches they do seem to act differently and the FC definitely seems to drop "in the hole" more often. Question is really to see if anyone else has noticed it.

On top of that, you should give an FC different instructions anyway to take advantage of hiss high free role stat

I would if he wasn't playing so well with his current instructions :)

In some respects it depends on how you are observing it. For example if you set up a 442 with two strikers set up identically then as the opposition pushes forward the match engine automatically pushes one of the strikers back more than the other (for some reason it seems to pick the left side striker but that may be a coincidence). This might have a knock on depending on what you view as 'the hole'.

I don't have free role on for the position in question, although creative freedom is maxed out.

As you say it's open to observation, it's a bit statistically difficult to quantify the difference, but as I watch all 90 minutes of my matches they do seem to act differently and the FC definitely seems to drop "in the hole" more often. Question is really to see if anyone else has noticed it.

It's really no wonder 2 players are doing different things when you have creative freedom maxed out. You'd probably find if you give them little to no creative freedom at all then they will perform a lot more similarly to each other.

I have a FC who plays superbly in SC position. Gave him the 'trequartista'-role and he is banging in goals and providing almost the same amount of assists. He drops very deep to get the ball, and also is often out on the wings hitting crosses.

Do FC players in the ST position natural play differently regardless of instructions, or is it purely coincidence that mine always drop deeper/move around more compared to a ST?

No PPMs on my FC.

My immediate response has just been covered, finally. He will play his natural role if you give him the CF to do so. If you want to restrict him to a ST role, take away his freedom.

My FC seems to play better when set as an Advanced Fwd with an SC as a Target Man (Sup) beside him, than when I had him as a Deep Lying Fwd playing beside the Advanced Fwd.

I assumed the instructions just suited his attributes better, and he's certainly scored way more goals in that position. Perhaps it's more a case of FC attributes + Advanced Fwd instructions = good combination?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived