Players reject contracts they've asked for

Are you playing in spain by any chance ? reason i ask is,when i renew my players contract and up the "minimum release clause" too high they reject saying the wages offered isn't good enough,ive put it down to setting the minimum release clause too high.

Hope that made sense.

I've just had this with Carlo Cudicini. I signed him on a free for a season as back up, he forced his way into the starting XI due to Paul Robinson being crap so I offered him a new contract. He wanted £3,800 a week, £1.2k appearance fee, £2.3k cleansheet bonus and that was it so I accepted. A few days later he rejected feeling the signing on fee he didnt ask for wasnt good enough. I went to make a new offer, he wanted the same so I offered with the same result. In the end I offered him £1 to sign on and he accepted. All that over a bloody quid, keepers really are mad!

I've just had this with Carlo Cudicini. I signed him on a free for a season as back up, he forced his way into the starting XI due to Paul Robinson being crap so I offered him a new contract. He wanted £3,800 a week, £1.2k appearance fee, £2.3k cleansheet bonus and that was it so I accepted. A few days later he rejected feeling the signing on fee he didnt ask for wasnt good enough. I went to make a new offer, he wanted the same so I offered with the same result. In the end I offered him £1 to sign on and he accepted. All that over a bloody quid, keepers really are mad!

Probably just wanted to get some crisps from the vending machine at the training grounds.

I want to sign a regen. Made everything with his club, asked him what he wants, and offer him the equal contract of his wishes, or a better one. Every time he sign a new contract with his club. What? He is on a young-contract, and I make the deal for 10 times in a row (last two days of transfer window) and every time I offer him the contract, it says in the news that he signed a new contract with his club. So, he signed 10 new contracts with his club in 2 days hahahaha :D

i have the same problem and as noted above i think the minimum fee clause has something to do with it, not the actual salary.
I think it's a minor bug(hate saying that word) if the players minimum release clause is already e.g 10 mil,and i offer a new contract and give the player exactly what he wants,but i up his release clause to e.g 30 mil,he rejects,i then have to negotiate and try 20 mil release clause with exactly the same wage demands as before in the hope he accepts.

I want to sign a regen. Made everything with his club, asked him what he wants, and offer him the equal contract of his wishes, or a better one. Every time he sign a new contract with his club. What? He is on a young-contract, and I make the deal for 10 times in a row (last two days of transfer window) and every time I offer him the contract, it says in the news that he signed a new contract with his club. So, he signed 10 new contracts with his club in 2 days hahahaha :D

Yeah - that regen must be driving everybody crazy with all those new contracts. The game doesn't let you buy most players under 17, so the game keeps having them sign new contracts to avoid signing with you. The only way to get them is to approach to sign them and then pay the massive compensation. - or wait 'til they're 17.

I think it's a minor bug(hate saying that word) if the players minimum release clause is already e.g 10 mil,and i offer a new contract and give the player exactly what he wants,but i up his release clause to e.g 30 mil,he rejects,i then have to negotiate and try 20 mil release clause with exactly the same wage demands as before in the hope he accepts.

yes i assume the game realises that the player would reject the contract but either a) doesnt realise why or b) isnt programmed to state that its the min fee clause and just picks something else.

Yeah - that regen must be driving everybody crazy with all those new contracts. The game doesn't let you buy most players under 17, so the game keeps having them sign new contracts to avoid signing with you. The only way to get them is to approach to sign them and then pay the massive compensation. - or wait 'til they're 17.

but why does the player don't say, he doesn't want to sign? I mean, I found the transfer fee, now I ask the player what he want, I gave him this, and right after I click continue it says: the player rejected my team, he signed a new contract with his club. I go to him, and he is still on a young contract. Then I make once more the fee, it is accepted, I give to the player more then he ask, click on continue, and then: the player has signed a new contract with his club. He rejected my. And this 10 times in a row in 2 days :confused:

but why does the player don't say, he doesn't want to sign? I mean, I found the transfer fee, now I ask the player what he want, I gave him this, and right after I click continue it says: the player rejected my team, he signed a new contract with his club. I go to him, and he is still on a young contract. Then I make once more the fee, it is accepted, I give to the player more then he ask, click on continue, and then: the player has signed a new contract with his club. He rejected my. And this 10 times in a row in 2 days :confused:

Yes - it makes no sense - it was like this in last year's version - maybe a bug we should report in the bugs section?

Yes - it makes no sense - it was like this in last year's version - maybe a bug we should report in the bugs section?

I think that you can actually sign players under 17 years old if they are in the EU. The problem is you cannot sign a player under 17 that has accepted a pre contract deal. You can tell if this is the case when the player has the message will sign a "x"k per week deal on dd.mm.yyyy. Trying to sign the player brings the bizarre situation where offers from you can be accepted but the pre-existing pre contract deal is treated as the winning bid/contract offer and the message is created that the player has signed a new deal though in reality they just had the existing pre contract deal.

I think that you can actually sign players under 17 years old if they are in the EU. The problem is you cannot sign a player under 17 that has accepted a pre contract deal. You can tell if this is the case when the player has the message will sign a "x"k per week deal on dd.mm.yyyy. Trying to sign the player brings the bizarre situation where offers from you can be accepted but the pre-existing pre contract deal is treated as the winning bid/contract offer and the message is created that the player has signed a new deal though in reality they just had the existing pre contract deal.

that's it. I think you are right. He has a: will sign a contract on xx.yy.zzzz But, why can I bid him? That's what I don't understand. If this is the case, that he has agreed a new contract with his club, why can I allways bid him, give him what he want, and then he just say he has signed a new deal. Then, it should be removed until he has signed a new contract with his club.

Archived