New Stadium

Wouldnt available land space come into it too? Where in London are you gonna be able to build a stadium which is bigger than the Emirates?

I'm not sure FM is advanced enough to take that into account. It would have to conduct research on available land space in cities all around the world!

As soon as I joined Celtic they immediately began expanding the stadium so you don't have to ask for it. Arsene Wenger being the previous manager has probably got the board used to not spending much :rolleyes:

Wenger has still spent. Just because he hasn't frittered money aswell doesn't mean he hasn't spent any cash.

i wasnt targetting anyone, and frustrated at trawling through threads filled with people arguing, i have better things to do with my time than read through what sounds like a good thread only to see it turning into a slanging match - and i am not interested in a reply on this, i will not discuss it further otherwise it becomes the very thing i am tired of seeing.

im hoping for a new stadium for my spanish lower league team :D

This is one thing that grates me. The board not being pro-active and looking to build new stadiums, especially coming up from lower leagues.

In FM it seems that the board wait for something to happen then react to it, like over subscribing your current stadium. I just wish they could plan ahead, perhaps on the back of what you say the expectations are, and perhaps also linked with your record and reputation, so they can decide whether or not to take a punt and gamble on an expansion or new stadium.

IRL, many stadiums already have planning permission for expansions, especially outside the premier league. It's just a matter of getting the team to match the future blueprint of the club so the expansion is worthwile, or being confident enough in getting the team to that stage. Confident enough to ask the board to go ahead with the building work.

With Arsenal it might be a problem that their current stadium ir quite new, so the board will also take it into consideration when building a new one. In my game with Bayern, Allianz Arena was about 22 years old when I finally got a new sadium.

Archived