Do pre season tours have any real benefits?

Other than gaining fitness obviously. Do they have anyother benifits like expanding your fan base, reputation, bring in more money through merchandising?

Since reading the 'friendlies' post I've seen many people seem to go on tours in pre season. I've never really thought of them to hold any real significance in the game, or am I wrong?

Cheers,

Brad

they have severl benefits tbh..

firstly .. if your a lower league club in the red .. pre season friendly's can bring as much as 100k a game... take into account you can get around 6 games easily into pre season.. thats a lot of cash for small clubs..

secondly... if your a big club who's signed a big time foreign player , say from japan or the U.S ... a tour of their country multiplies the merchandising money a lot .... .. big players can bring in millions a month .,.

It's a good opportunity to see maybe how your team would cope if they were in that league, it could give you a good idea of who's good and bad in that league, Maybe you could find some good players there and perhaps your squad can practice travelling everywhere such as in Champions League to prepare them for Continental Competition

Archived