Tips for scoring when one on one with the keeper???

Does anyone have any tips for this? My team seems to get a fair amount of one on one's with the keeper and they can't seem to put them away. I've tried lowering the CF of the players in question and it doesn't seem to matter. Any tips for this?

Thanks

B

Does anyone have any tips for this? My team seems to get a fair amount of one on one's with the keeper and they can't seem to put them away. I've tried lowering the CF of the players in question and it doesn't seem to matter. Any tips for this?

Thanks

B

Try to see what guys appear in the one-on-one situations. Then train them in "Placing Shots". I could raise my ratio from 20/25% to almost 45%. I don't know if it works for you, but for me, it works (it's not making magic or something, it simply makes you win a bit more games).

Try to see what guys appear in the one-on-one situations. Then train them in "Placing Shots". I could raise my ratio from 20/25% to almost 45%. I don't know if it works for you, but for me, it works (it's not making magic or something, it simply makes you win a bit more games).

My striker doesn't want to adapt his game for that unfortunately.

I test that. It was always the same: when my player tried to round him, he just get to the floor and smoothered the ball. Then I tried this and i'm having a bit of sucess. Well, the best way to solve it is with the new patch, i think.

Well I'm delighted that this is a recognised problem. I only got the game on Saturday and immediately patched it.

I spent the best part of Saturday afternoon and evening cursing my strikers and bemoaning my luck at always playing a side that happen to have the worlds No.1 goalkeeper playing for them. I tried everything I could and nothing seemed to improve it. I did a random league 1 pick and got Huddersfield. I just assumed after a while that the players were worse than I thought they should be.

I also thought about looking for a virtual Soccer AM crossbar challenge. I've never know a team be able to hit the woodwork as often.

Equip your players with C4, get them to blast a hole in the keepers chest, then you will score all your 1-on-1's instead of your strikers smashing the ball into the keepers mid section. Problem solved.

Best tip of the day! :D C4 sure would come in handy! On a more serious level...I really want to play this game and I do feel the ME is really good this year but the amount of 1-on-1 and the horrible shooting is quite frustrating to watch. It actually becomes silly after a few games, not to mention the amount of crossbar hitting, seriously...I've lost count how many times we've hit it this season alone...and I'm only 5 games into it!! 10.3 cannot come soon enough. ;)

I've heard people mentioning lowering the creative freedom, but that has done little to no good for me. Placing shots hasn't worked either. No joy playing the game at the moment...to bad it's so addictive still...

I'm not faulting the ME. I am just trying to find something that would make my conversion rate better.

Maybe it could be something to do with the composure attribute. I have 3 strikers who seem to get their fair share of 1 on 1's. Will take a look at their attributes soon and see if I can see any common high attributes.

I remember in 07 I had a striker with finishing of 17 playing in L1 but couldn't score to save his life and I put this down to a very low composure attribute

Archived