Suggestion: Back Room Advice + Staff Limit

Back Room Advice

We should be able to choose who gives us what advice in this feature.

This area could be a little more customizable as it's a very useful feature. Since there aren't any perfect staff out there, we should be able to get a good mix so the team together becomes perfect if you know what I mean.

We can choose the main source of the advice and the coach who'll give us the 2nd opinion.

A little preferences button in the top right corner can lead us into a page that sort of looks like the teams settings page. If the user isn't bothered setting it up the way he likes then it can continue doing what it's doing now.

Now this brings me to the Staff Limit.

I think the idea should be scrapped and replaced with a staff wage budget. This way we can set up anyway we choose to and it'll be realistic enough. Hire two assistant managers if need be, because sometimes there aren't enough coaches with the required attributes. One assistant manager can deal with man management and motivation, while the other is more of a tactical 2nd hand man. Set ups are endless but you get the point.

What do you guys think?

I agree wit your points, sometimes in back room advice i have a coach giving me tactical advice or advice on a certain player when his attributes are nowhere near high enough for me to even consider his opinion is valid and there are far more qualified coaches in my ranks!

those ideas sound pretty good to me. i think at the minute its very useful but i sometimes get advise from coaches that i wouldnt expect nor do i rate it. i think its important to know that the advice you are receiving is from a person who is in a good position to offer out the advise.

Excellent suggestions. Managing a small club I have a very restricted allocation of coaches. I thought I'd solve it by getting in player/coaches but I'm not even allowed that. I've some a group of guys in their late 30s whom I'm buttering up for coach roles hoping they'll stay on but I can foresee them retiring and having to leave me. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Excellent suggestions. Managing a small club I have a very restricted allocation of coaches. I thought I'd solve it by getting in player/coaches but I'm not even allowed that. I've some a group of guys in their late 30s whom I'm buttering up for coach roles hoping they'll stay on but I can foresee them retiring and having to leave me. Doesn't seem reasonable to me.

These ideas actually came to me while playing at a small club. I went through exactly what you're going through.

I thought they'd be neat little additions to a very good feature introduced by SI.

If the backroom advice feature becomes customizable, then it would be much better indeed. The way it stands, is that you have to dig through each "advice" even though you don't want to hear about it or you think it's not necessarily correct nor needed. If we could choose what sort of advice we would like get from our staff, I think the feature could become a great hit.

Great ideas and I hope the development team put this on their agenda.

• 1 year later...
Guest markyosullivan

Yeah this idea is good. Having to nominant coaching staff for different roles is a good idea imo and would be great! :)

having a non-playing staff budget would be a brilliant idea. i've managed some lesser clubs and had some good prospects, and i know the number and quality of my coaches is going to hinder their development. being able to have more freedom in the number of coaches, and the maximum wage i can offer would be a massive benefit.

This is exactly my big worry in my current game. I too have players who i think would make great coaches but there wouldn't be enough room in my set up for them. That would be bizarre in a real world situation because the relationship they have with the club and its players would make them ideal club coaches.

It's an area that needs expanding on.

Ultimately I'd say we should just have a wage budget. Include extra lines under "unneeded" for "Assistant", "Coach" etc.

If I think I'm better off spending 20k a week on an extra 20 scouts rather than an extra backup midfielder I should have that option really.

I like the idea of a customisable backroom advice but I don't like the idea of the staff wage budget because a lower league club will struggle even more to get enough staff to cope, or at least enough good staff.. Everybody will want the best coaches and they cost money, once it's a wage budget rather than a wage cap the chances are they will cost even more meaning you actually have less staff even if the staff you have are more capable..

In my Hereford save I currently have 1 assman, 3 coaches, 2 gk coaches, 2 fitness coaches, 1 first-team coach, 2 youth coaches, 1 physio and 7 scouts... I'm actually only allowed 1, 4, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 5 but on initial promotion to L1 the board allowed me the above quota and I filled it... now I give them new deals when they have a year left so it's too expensive for the board to fire them. I'm more than happy with the staff I have although I'd like an extra physio or two. I don't think I could get minimum 3.5 star coaching with a L1 staff wage budget...

Archived