Players and staff insane contract choices

Every single time since FM07 when a player or a staff member is deciding between 2 or among several clubs I am used to offer him not the money he requests but usually the double.

Despiting that he always choose others and the contract they sign is always 60% roughly lower in terms of money than what I proposed him.

Please do not chime in highlighting the team reputation or facilities because in I am usually light years forward then other competitors.

I propose to fix this insane feature letting the reality to be applied, so generaly speaking more money, more reputation and better facilities play the main role, period.

First team football counts for something.

Sometimes players choose the role they'll play at a club over money.

Also I've noticed that players consider appearance fee an important factor.

So many players have been signed from right underneath me because the opposition can afford to offer them a bigger appearance fee. They usually off less money as well as a basic wage than I did.

Yea i agree. Money always talks in football but isnt always the case on FM. I recently started a spurs game, cant quite remember who i was trying to sign but as there was another club in for him i offered slightly more than he wanted. He was definately under 20 and so i thought £30,000 a week is a massive wage for someone of that age and he would no doubt bite my hand off for it. Turns out he'd rather sign a £55 per week youth contract with sampdoria! hell, what do i know!!

Yea i agree. Money always talks in football but isnt always the case on FM. I recently started a spurs game, cant quite remember who i was trying to sign but as there was another club in for him i offered slightly more than he wanted. He was definately under 20 and so i thought £30,000 a week is a massive wage for someone of that age and he would no doubt bite my hand off for it. Turns out he'd rather sign a £55 per week youth contract with sampdoria! hell, what do i know!!

What a strange time to make your first post two and a half years after joining xD

Back on topic, the game takes into account a surprising amount of factors - ranging from whether they'd prefer to play in your particular country to whether they like certain players already at your club - and even how many players you currently have in his position.

You are not convincing me cause you didn't carefully read my thread.

Appearance fees are part of money concept.

Then if I think about football....how comes that 7 times on 7 they drop my high reputation and top facilities team to choose lower reputation teams with bad facilities and a salary dozens times lower ?

Of course that's a game routine to prevent exploits, or alternatively my team has a bad desease epidemy to accurately avoid.

You are not convincing me cause you didn't carefully read my thread.

Appearance fees are part of money concept.

Then if I think about football....how comes that 7 times on 7 they drop my high reputation and top facilities team to choose lower reputation teams with bad facilities and a salary dozens times lower ?

Of course that's a game routine to prevent exploits, or alternatively my team has a bad desease epidemy to accurately avoid.

As has been pointed out, maybe its because of a greater opportunity for 1st team football, this should surely take priority over any other factor unless you are WInston Bogarde. Maybe as pointed out (in other peoples posts that you weren't reading) that its to do with the people in your squad or the other teams squad that they like/dislike or the number of players you have in their position. Geographical location also plays a massive part IIRC.

Oh yeah and for the record I see no mention of appearance fees in your OP.

Archived