Why!!!!!!!!!!?

Ok so my computer got wiped the other weekend and I finally got around to reinstalling Football Manager 2010, and its slower than it was before my computer got wiped. Bare in mind that my computer has the same amount of RAM and the same processor that it did as it got wiped and my hard drive now has more free space on it. So can someone please tell me what I've done wrong and if theres anything I can do to speed up the game and make it less jerky, thanks.

Are you running anything else at the same time that you weren't running before?

When your computer was wiped, did it go back to factory settings? Sometimes this would reinstall McAfee or Norton to run as a background virus checker, and they literally eat memory.

Pretty much everywhere the mouse is slow to react and when it goes over something its slow to react to it going over it like in the startup screen where you go onto Start New Game etc, it takes a while to recognize that, and the only display preferences I've changed is so it is like it was before my comp got wiped, also I'm using a Default skin.

I have the DirectX Software Development Kit (500Mb odd) from August 09 which is the most current one I can find, I've updated my Java and I can't find a manufacturer for my Graphics Card and I don't believe I updated it before the wipe.

I would try downloading a piece of software called Sandra, by a company called SiSoft. Run this and it will tell you exactly which graphics card you're running and then you can identify the correct drivers you will need.

Hopefully this will help. It definitely sounds like a graphics driver issue of some kind.

Linky: http://download.cnet.com/SiSoftware-Sandra/3000-2086_4-10556571.html

When I first reinstall my computer I have to turn off all the unnessasary processes running in the background.

Theres usually about 60 processes but I turn off about 20 or 30 unnessesary ones. That greatly improves my computer performance which is good because my comp needs all the help it can get.

Archived