Removing preferred moves

Well a preffred move is like second nature for the players, its not a tactic

Like when driving a car if you put the handbreak down before you put down the clutch ( myself). Its second nature you dont think about doing it.

Same goes for walking and talk at the same time

You dont think about it you just do it naturally

Get it?

Yeah, but placing shots for example... if someone tells you not to do it anymore, you just wouldn't - you'd put your foot through everything instead.

It's not like a technical thing like driving a car.

But its like a habit, something that is done without thinking.

To stop doing that takes effort and thought which needs to be worked at so they lose the habit.

No but its not a tactic

Like you couldnt just tell Drogba dont play with your back to goal

Its just second nature. Naturally Ronaldo or Messi will try to go past the defender

You could tell them to stop but doing it but they would have to remind themselves everytime they get the ball

i dont think its correct to say you can untrain a thing like that anyway. if they are a fan of long shots what are they going to do? stand in front of an empty net and practice side footing it in from close range? no.

I just think its a bit silly that you have to wait 4-5 months for a player to 'untrain' something. Is he spending 20% of his training trying to forget to shot long. Another example is stopping players arguing with the ref how you gonna do that one in training get one of the reserves in to pretend to referee.

I just think its a bit silly that you have to wait 4-5 months for a player to 'untrain' something. Is he spending 20% of his training trying to forget to shot long. Another example is stopping players arguing with the ref how you gonna do that one in training get one of the reserves in to pretend to referee.

When someone is in a position that they usually take long shots and you've asked them not to they don't automatically not do it. Initially they'll totally forget not to. Then they'll start trying to not do it and then, if you're lucky, they'll get to where they don't do it as much.

But it is second nature. Have you tried breaking habits just "like that"? It's nigh on impossible.

Bestie.

Can you tell Henry to stop placing shots? No.what bothers me is that they accept to stop once you asked them and after a couple of months(!) they turn to you and say "i worked my a** off to stop but i couldnt :( " Just dont accept it then dammit!

Archived