Toughest transfer decision

I'm playing FM06 at the moment; third season of an Arsenal save. Liverpool have just launched a bid for Reyes: offering £15 million plus 20% future fee plus Zenden plus Noble. I haven't got any use for Zenden, but Noble is an outstanding player in FM 06 and this is likely to be my only chance to get Noble (as a general rule I don't spend more than about £5-6 million on any one player). The problem is that Reyes is also a top-quality player in FM06 (he had an excellent season previously, hence the attention from other clubs), and I have a sentimental attachment to him based on his performance in a previous Arsenal save. Still undecided about where to go.

So what's been your toughest transfer dilemma in any version of FM, and what was your ultimate decision?

current save on fm10 with p'boro utd in the prem, in my first season in the prem i signed a guy called sebastian blanco from lanus for £2.4million, the guy had good stats and although numerous scouting reports came back with only 'decent premiership player' i signed him anyway as i needed a right winger.

turned out to be a masterstroke, in 5 seasons he played 119 league games, scored 41 goals and managed 68 assists, unsurprisingly the big clubs started sniffing around him and after beating away many offers man city came in with a £23million offer, 20mill more than i paid and almost 16mill more than he was worth.

at the time i was in the process of changing my tactics to 442 diamond which meant no room for wingers but blanco can also play in c.mid so after about 10minutes i decided to reject the offer and give him a go in the c.mid role, turned out to be a very good decision as now im looking towards my first premiership title plus 1 game away from the uefa cup final and he is now keeping steven defour out of my side!

current save on fm10 with p'boro utd in the prem, in my first season in the prem i signed a guy called sebastian blanco from lanus for £2.4million, the guy had good stats and although numerous scouting reports came back with only 'decent premiership player' i signed him anyway as i needed a right winger.

turned out to be a masterstroke, in 5 seasons he played 119 league games, scored 41 goals and managed 68 assists, unsurprisingly the big clubs started sniffing around him and after beating away many offers man city came in with a £23million offer, 20mill more than i paid and almost 16mill more than he was worth.

at the time i was in the process of changing my tactics to 442 diamond which meant no room for wingers but blanco can also play in c.mid so after about 10minutes i decided to reject the offer and give him a go in the c.mid role, turned out to be a very good decision as now im looking towards my first premiership title plus 1 game away from the uefa cup final and he is now keeping steven defour out of my side!

This is indeed wonderful news to hear!

I had a regen who was a world class midfielder (Terry Stone). I bought him from Arsenal for £3mill. He had two fantastic seasons, his assists were one of the main factors for my Champions League and Premier League titles and I thought "there's no chance in hell I'll let this guy move".

After 4 years with us he wanted another challenge and he had only one year left on his contract. So, I could try to convince him to stay or sell him right away and buy a replacement. I reluctantly chose the latter, sold him for £60mill to AC Milan, where he became a legend and bought an awesome midfielder for £40mill, who is now a legend at my club.

Mine was in the second season with Chelsea.

The club in a slight bit of debt this season.

Man City came in with an offer of £20 million for Ashley Cole. Knowing that he isn't getting any younger and next season I wouldnt get an offer near that it was very tempting. But being under the transfer embargo I would have had to play the season with no left back and it could cost us more to let him go.

Archived